Chapter 31

Author's Note

Ah yes~ the climax

                                                                                                                                - Adelle

Editor's Note

This chapter!!! Y'all, we're only three more chapters til the end! Imma binge post for y'all.

                                                                                                                               ~ Valery

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A flash of purple magic lit up Shattered's vision, and Shattered felt a sharp kick to his side that sent him flying off of Y/n.

Shattered felt.

Dream stared in shock. Shattered had used his magic in such a way that Dream's body would take all the pain and damage; Shattered was simply a parasite. 

But somehow, Vivian's magic wasn't directed at Dream's body, it was directed at Shattered himself. 

Dream gasped when realization hit him. This was his chance! When Shattered was torturing Ink, Dream had almost regained control! After all, a monster's magic was deeply intertwined with their desire.

At the time, Shattered just barely had more determination and power than Dream. But now, Shattered's lust had been partially satisfied and his determination was weakening now that he had convinced himself that Y/n would eventually love him. Shattered had gotten to his feet and was preparing to attack Vivian, clearly not thinking straight. Before Dream could even try to intervene, Vince shot his own blast of magic at Shattered.

Dream didn't feel a thing

All their magic and hatred wasn't focused on Dream. They had no idea he had started all of this. All they knew was that Shattered Dream had hurt them and was now attacking their final defender and piece of home. 

Their mother.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had they inherited his magic??

You stared at Vivian and Vince then looked back at Shattered. He already was back on his feet, and his tentacles flared outwards menacingly, his eyes and fists alight with magic. He raised an arm to attack Vivian and you screamed. 

But before Shattered could strike, another burst of powerful magic paralyzed Shattered. You looked back to your children and saw Vince breathing heavily, his fists steaming purple vapor. You gaped.

This monster had defeated some of the most dangerous monsters in the entire multiverse, and your children had stopped him. At least temporarily.