Chapter 9

Author's Note

As school starts, sadly the updates will become more scarce. Hope you enjoy!

                                                                                                                     - Adelle

Editor's note

Yeah- this book took three years to make- We ArE sUcH gOoD aUtHoRs, YoU gUyS- sO dEdIcAtEd- Enjoy the chapter! Mwah!

                                                                                                                     ~ Valery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You had just arrived at the cute little cottage, and the Nightmare Papyruses were unloading the carriage. You were holding Vince's hand, and Nightmare was holding Vivian's. "This is where me and your mother had our honeymoon!" Nightmare told the kids cheerily. 

"What's a honeymoon?" Vivian asked curiously. 

"It's a vacation the husband and wife have after they're married!" Nightmare explained.

You smiled at him happily. This was going to be a wonderful week. You neared the cottage, and your children marveled at the cozy house. The house was a two story building, with three bedrooms, a play room, kitchen, dining, and small living room.

It was compact compared to the castle. The cottage was surrounded by a small forest and had a small stream you planned to visit later in the week. When you entered, Vince and Vivian both began to explore the house. 

You sighed and took Nightmare's hand. "I'm glad we agreed to this vacation." You remarked happily.

Nightmare pecked you, then said, "Me too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shattered let out a shaky breath, then collected his thoughts. His eyes sharpened, and he appeared before a shaking and silently weeping Dream. Shattered smirked, then let one of his tentacles slide around Dream's shoulders. Dream flinched and tried to move away. Shattered glared, then sat next to Dream.

"So, you killed him." Shattered remarked. Dream let out a choked sob. 

Shattered wrapped an arm around Dream. Dream tried to pull away, but Shattered used his tentacles to keep him close. "Let me go..." Dream mumbled.

Shattered began to massage his back, then purred, "It's ok, he doesn't matter. A few deaths here and there will only help us."

Dream froze, then began to sob uncontrollably. He didn't care that Shattered was holding him. Dream clutched onto Shattered and wept. Shattered smiled and soaked in Dream's broken feelings. After what seemed like an eternity, Dream ran out of energy and resorted to sniffling miserably. Shattered stood up and let his tentacles dissolve.