The shelter

Adam's POV:

We soon arrived in a house in middle of no where. Mark and Cesar the salad both existed the truck so me and Jonah did the same.

We all walk in the house that had a dog guarding it, a scary big dog. Cesar noticed my look and said:"Don't worry the dog won't bite humans" in a almost laughing tone.

"Did you train the dog to do that?" Jonah asked. "Rex mows his enemies" Mark replied. That didn't answer the question but alright.

The house was big af, like outside it looked small but in it was just- woah. "Make yourself like at home since it will be your home until the alternate is killed" Mark said.

Jonah was already looking around the place In amaze. The house looked like it could lose someone if the got separated so I walked after Jonah.

Mark followed us and showed everything in here. "The house will feel small once you get to know everything" he says as he shows us our rooms.

Me and Jonah had to separated, not really since we could go in eachothers rooms but still.

After the tour Cesar called us all in the kitchen. As we walk in a strong delicious smell hit the air. We all sat behind the table as Cesar put some food in front of us.

"Thank you for the food" I tell him. He doesn't say anything and just sits behind the table as he prays to god. Jonah looks confused at him.

"What are you doing?" Jonah asked him. "Praying to god?" He says with Mark joining him. Gosh.

Me and Jonah look at them as they stop and start to eat their food. "Weird" Jonah mumored  to me. "I know" I mumored back at him.

We enjoyed the food that Cesar made and decided to call it a day, it was almost 1am since the drive there took 4 hours, in total of 8 hours for them to get us here.

We went to bed. But the second I fall asleep I get a flashback or a nightmare about what happened at Cesar's mother's house. But it was deferent. Jonah didn't come.

Spoiler: Next chapter will be the nightmare :]