03

♡ Roman ♡

After Greene had left, the lights turned off literally leaving me in the dark.

After a while the lights turned back on but Greene didn't return. Something felt off. It felt like someone was watching me, studying me. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, feeling as if someone was behind it.

"Pattyyyy" I singsong, begging for some entertainment.

Once again, there's no sounds, just leaving the room in a stiff silence. My head lolls back as my eyes meet the ceiling.

After around 20 minutes I hear the lock click in the door. My head stays focused on the ceiling, counting the tiles. 56 tiles, an average of 12 cracks in each tile and a stain on 1/4 of said tiles.

I hear shoes click, Greene's boots along with a heavy set of footsteps. From the sound of the second footsteps, I can tell it's a man due to the lengthened strides, slightly louder breathing and the change of authority within the room.

"You took a considerable amount of time to return" I said in a cold bored tone, with my head still angled towards the ceiling, ignoring the intruding presence of the unidentified male in the room.

"Roman" a voice said almost cautiously.

"Unfortunately" I muttered.

" Miss. Verlice, this is your eldest brother Mr. Remy Ezekiel" Greene said in a bored tone, begging to get away from presumably me.

"Sorry there bud, I'm a Lone Ranger, no more dear old dad means I'm all alone, oh so lonely" I muttered, kind of putting off having to look at him.

"Roman please look at me." the man whispered desperately, after I heard Greene whisper something and leave the room.

I slightly shifted my head, landing at an angle where I could see the man. Remy looked back at me, shock and bewilderment evident in his eye once I met his gaze.

"Why are you handcuffed to the table?" he said with a clenched jaw as his eyes flicked down to my wrists.

"Just a minor misunderstanding" I replied as I leaning back again the cold metal of the chair, bringing my index finger and thumb close to each other to signify a small amount.

Remy stilled, as his eyes squinted. I mean Greene probably already told him why I'm here so I think its pretty safe to say that's also the reason I'm handcuffed.

Clearing his throat he said "I will have Greene remove these and we will be leaving here immediately, we may stop at your house to retrieve your belongings and then we will head to the hanger to leave for France, Oui?"

"Eye eye captain" I raised my hands the farthest I could to my forehead, revealing the searing skin hidden beneath the handcuffs and saluted him.

***

After leaving the station I was led to a blacked out SUV. After sitting in the backseat with Remy he turned to me.

"Address" he said looking towards me as he locked in his seatbelt.

After I replied without looking at him we left straight away, entering the street of the Bronx. It didn't take long before we arrived, the apartment complexes were one of the oldest and least maintained in the neighborhood. The green tinted white coloured paint adjourned the outside walls and the door leading inside to the lobby nonexistent. Literally. There was a robbery a while ago and the door was simply pulled off, alike most of the doors to the actual apartments. Graffiti also sported across both the inside and outside of the building and groups gathered around the side of the building, looking for coverage to their dealings taking place.