40

♡ Roman ♡

"Amour?" He draws out as he pokes his head into my room.

I smile at his entrance as he peers at me and then races toward my bed and jumps on it, seemingly squishing me below him as I groan.

He splays out lazily on top of me as his head settles resting on my stomach, his hands encircling my rib cage.

"Hi amour" he sighs out comfortably with his eyes closed.

"Hi August" I murmur, pushing my book away and threading his hair back lightly though my fingers.

He lays a featherlight kiss on my skin right above my belly button, my sweater pushed upwards from when he had laid his head there before.

"The twins have been keeping me hostage for the last couple hours and wouldn't even let me leave to come see you" he pouts, his bottom lips jutting out.

"How wicked of them" I tease as he grumbles and nods digging his head deeper against my skin, his hands tightening his hold on me.

We lay for a little while, breaths steady as my fingers absentmindedly thread through his curls.

"Come to dinner with me?" He murmurs out after a while, his head still turned to the side not able to look at me.

"Of course" I respond instantly.

"... My weekly family dinner" he says quietly as he turns resting his chin on my stomach, his blue eyes meeting mine.

I pause at his question. He wants me to come and meet his dad and... her.

"Of course I'll come" I whisper back, seeing the nervousness in his eyes from how hard these dinners must be on him and having to constantly see her.

His eyes relax and soften as I nudge his arm to move upwards. He moves his body up as his face levels with mine. I wrap my hand around the nape of his neck and play with the hair there.

"You sure?" I murmur.

He immediately nods and smiles softly brushing his thumb against my bottom lip before laying a light kiss and then digging his head into my neck, sighing.

***

"August I need help" I say from by my bed as he stands in the washroom washing his hands.

He dry's them off before stepping out and stopping in his steps. My back is turned to him so I can't see him but can hear his footsteps.

Suddenly his large veined hands wrap around my waist pulling me into his warm chest as I lean back, my palm holds the dress against my chest as I can't reach the ties at the back securing it. He traces his nose from my shoulder up to my ear and lays a kiss right below there as I sway slightly. His fingers leave my waist and find my back, tying the strings securely before quickly twisting my hips and turning me around so we're chest to chest.

He's styled his hair regularly while he's put on a white dress shirt and black dress pants with black shoes. He's worn a watch and his usual rings, one of my thin chains that I gave him hanging around his neck also.

His gaze drops to my feet and slowly trails upwards and his fingers tighten against my hips.

"You look breathtaking amour" he says as his hand trails up and cups my cheek, his thumb tracing across my cheekbone.

August spoke with his father and was told to dress nicely as we would be meeting them at a restaurant instead of their house since we were meeting for the first time. I wasn't exactly sure what to wear but I managed to find a dress that reminded me of August's eyes so I immediately got it and hoped it would be ok.