43

♥ Augustus ♥

"Fucking drop it you bitch, it's mine and I don't want your grimy hands near it" I hear immediately as I enter the penthouse.

Rounding the corner I find Lucien's hand frozen mid air above a pizza box with a slice in hand as Laurent stares him down.

"Oh my god Augustus how nice to see you, we missed you so very much....Oh my gosh thanks guys" I say in a teasing voice tearing their attention from the pizza.

"Yah yah whatever, just don't try to eat my pizza like dickwad over here" Laurent mutters as he scrunches his nose and nods toward Lucien.

"Dude there's another pizza box right over here" I say to Lucien as I walk over and open the box seeing a full pizza untouched.

"Yeah that's because that's his" Laurent mutters while glaring at him.

"But yours is so much better" Lucien whines.

"They're exactly the fucking same" Laurent groans while rubbing his eyes.

"It doesn't matter yours is still going to taste better" Lucien groans out.

They continue complaining to each other as I quickly grab the pizza box and slowly back up out of the kitchen without them noticing.

I hurry up the stairs and head towards Roman's room. I lightly knock on the door but don't hear anything so I open it slightly and pop my head in. I look around not seeing her as my brows furrow but then I here the tap on in the washroom so I push the door open and place the pizza on a small chair nearby.

"Amour?" I say as I lightly tap on the door.

"August?"

"Mhmm, can I come in?"

"Mhm, it's unlocked" she murmurs.

I turn the knob, feeling a warm breeze. Roman lies in the bathtub literally surrounded by bubbles with the large window above the bathtub open, the curtains swaying with the breeze.

Her head turns to me as a relaxed smile lays across her lips and she looks so fucking serene.

"Hi, amour" I murmur as I walk toward her quickly and lean down, tilting her chin up slightly.

I lay a soft kiss on her bottom lip before pulling back and placing one on the tip of her nose, she hums in response.

Pulling back I peer down at her, her hair wet and dark, the only colours around her being her eyes and freckles against the bubbles. Her skin unusually pale compared to the little bit of sun kissing she'd gotten within the past little while, making her brown freckles stand out all the much more.

"Come in" she murmured as she pulled up from her leant back position and moves forward in the water, the bubbles moving around just above her breasts as her hand swirls around the bubbles while she waits for me. I smile at her invitation as I pull off my clothes, the fabrics hitting the ground before I slowly move down into the bathtub behind her. The water floods around me as I sit down, reaching my mid torso.

"Come here, amour" I murmur lightly as I reach out, my arms encircling her waist as I guide her back to me, she leans backward slightly as my chest meets her back.

She lets out a content sigh as my fingers trace back and forth against her stomach and her fingers lightly trace up and down my upper calf as my legs surround her like she did when we sat like this and watched a movie with the twins.

"I stole Lucien's pizza for us afterwards" I murmur against her skin as I lay a kiss on the skin below her ear as she leans into the action.

She laughs lightly as she brings my hand above the water and pass the bubbles before laying a light kiss on my knuckles as my hand continues rubbing back and forth comfortingly on her hip under the water.

"How's Alexandre?" she murmurs as she stares out the window, the sound from the street below contrasting the comforting quiet in the washroom.

"He's good, but he misses you already since the dinner and has been begging for you to come back. He's actually playing with a classmate right now at the apartment." I say.

"Wait he's there alone?" She looks back quickly, turning her torso so our eyes meet. A smile blooms across my lips at her worry for him as her eyebrows furrow.

"Of course not amour, I hired a caretaker, Rosa, for when I'm not there. He actually picked her out so they get along quite nicely" I murmur as I lightly laugh telling her how he picked her out of at least twenty other caretakers.

My hand cups her jaw as my thumb comes up and smooth's out her furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh... that's nice, that he has Rosa and is spending the day with his classmate." She smiles and leans into my palm, her hand coming up and holding mine against her as I internally coo at the action.

She turns her body so her stomach is laying against mine as my hand falls and circles the curve of her waist to hold her against me. Her fingers scoop up some bubbles and plop them on the tip of my nose, as I grin.

Her fingers graze against my skin tracing from the tip of my nose to my cheekbones and eyebrows, then to my jaw and up to my lips, my eyes closing as her fingertips trace my features.

"You're so beautiful" she murmurs out, her fingertips still tracing as her eyes track the movements.

My heart warms at her words, absolutely loving these small moments that just pop up in between the big ones, the small moments when it's just her and me and I just get to be with her.

"I love you so much Roman" I whisper as my hand raises up to cup her jaw once again, my thumb rubbing against her cheekbone, as a smile spreads across her lips.

"I love you more than you know August" she murmurs out as I quickly lean down and capture her lips unable to not kiss her in that moment.

Her lips move softly against mine as I tip her chin up slightly with my thumb, her hands moving to rest on my chest. I hum into the kiss in content before she pulls back and lays one more quick kiss on the corner of my lips, a beautiful smile resting on her features.

Her eyes flutter open to meet mine as I still hold her jaw lightly. My eyebrows furrow though seeing her eyes slightly rimmed red.

Wait.

Now that she's directly faced in front of me I notice the redness and tiredness of her eyes and her cheekbones look more shadowed. My palm tips her head to the side lightly trying to see if it's just this angle.

"You okay, amour?" I say slightly worried at how tired she looks.

Her body slightly tenses against me as her eyes stray from mine slightly.

"Mhmm, I'm okay" she murmurs with a small smile bringing her hand up to squeeze mine around her jaw assuringly.

I give her a small smile before laying a quick kiss against her forehead before she ducks her head below my jaw, and I pull her body flush against mine. My fingertips trace down her spine as my other holds her head against my skin, my thumb settling below her ear against her pulse point.

I let out a breath, my chest feeling tight at the thought that somethings wrong. That she's not ok but feels like she can't tell me what's going on.

 That she's not ok but feels like she can't tell me what's going on