31

♡ Roman ♡

A dim aching and tight feeling in my chest woke me up from a nap, my brows creased as I pulled myself up from my laying position, my headphones falling to the ground along with my book creating a loud bang to sound.

My breath hitched as a sharp pang once again felt against my skin. My senses started to dim, ears drumming and my eyes focused and unfocused. My breath stuttered as I coughed, hands starting to shake at this feeling.

My fingers pressed against my pulse point feeling a very light thud occasionally. I sucked in a large breath not knowing what's going on only to cough once again, sending a painful jolt to shoot down my lungs.

I moved to sit to the side of my bed, slowly standing up I took a step forward only to come in contact with my dresser. The room spun fast as I gripped the wood, my nails scraping against it as I reached back up to my pulse point and felt a weirdly fast thud compared to how it was before.

I took one step uncertainly as my hand gripped the doorknob, my eyebrows furrowed seeing as I was just near my bed and not close to the door. I looked backwards and the room seemed to stretch and contort. I could feel my head bead with sweat, my nails digging into my palm, and my body reach a hotness that I've never felt before.

I quickly pulled the door open almost falling at the action. I stumbled out, crashing into the wall ahead of me. My palms flat against the wall, as I leaned forward and my head dipped, my eyes closed trying to push down a new feeling of nauseousness. My chest felt like it was exploding and the shrapnel piercing my lungs.

"Roman?" I heard, sounding far away.

I turned my head and looked to the side, seeing Augustus standing with food in his hands.

He was on his way back with more snacks.

He was reading to me after we watched a bunch of movies.

His confused gaze was pretty self explanatory. He started walking closer to me slowly, unsure of what was going on.

"Amour, you ok?" He said worriedly.

"Augustus" I wheezed out before I tried walking over to him but my gaze unfocused and he seemed to get farther down the hallway, farther away from me.

The floor beneath me altered and my foot slipped, my eyes rolled back as my body fell.

♥ Augustus ♥

"Augustus" she wheezed out, her arms leaning heavily against the wall.

I've never heard her sound like that, like she was begging for me to help her. Like she was begging to be ok.

I immediately tried to get to her but she pushed off the wall and tried to walk to me. She swayed oddly as her eyes seemed to squint at me, her whole body pale and shaky, still in the same clothes from earlier before her eyes seemed to look down and then roll towards the back of her head.

I yelled her name as I ran faster, cursing at the oddly long sized hallway. Her body tensed as she fell toward the floor, catching a few of her fingers just in time as I yanked her toward me so I could catch her fully.

We fell backwards from me pulling her toward me, her landing on top as my back hit the floor. I quickly sat upwards and turned her over seeing her eyes fully closed, no colour upon her skin and a sheer layer of sweat apparent.

"Laurent" I yelled knowing he was home as he just got back. I yelled again, the urgency apparent.

I fingers shakily reached up to her neck, pressing just under her ear. Everything seemed to stop as I felt nothing. Tears fell from eyes, hitting against her cheek.

I tapped her cheek repeatedly muttering 'come on, come on, wake up love'. A small thud rebounded against my fingertips, finally telling me she was still here with me.

Laurent rushed up the stairs looking confused as to why I yelled for him. He stopped immediately upon seeing us. Roman and I on the floor in the middle of the hallway, her body laying between my legs looking sickly as tears streamed from my ears.

"I-I... I don't know what's happening. She's no- she's not waking up" I spoke out brokenly. He quickly rushed over and fell down to his knees beside us, his eyes welled up as he reached out.

"Please please please" he said under his breath as he grabbed her hand and pressed his fingers against the underside of her wrist looking for her heartbeat.

He seemed to relax a small amount before scrambling to reach into his pocket and grab his phone. I heard him calling someone and talking but I drowned it out as I looked back to her.

⚜ Lucien ⚜

After I called our hospital to be ready for us, I quickly looked back toward them. Augustus was holding onto Roman tightly as his hand traced back and forth against her cheekbone, he was muttering sweet nothings as his tears fell.

"Ok, grab her. We're heading to our hospital" I rushed out but he didn't seem to hear me. My hand pressed against his shoulder grabbing his attention as I repeated. He scrambled to his feet, pulling a limp Roman up with him, her head hanging as small snippets of her overdose seemed to remerge in my head.

We rushed toward the elevator and headed down to the garage. Once there we ran to his car and hoped in, Augustus in the backseat with Roman never once leaving his arms.

I quickly pulled out and sped onto the road, hastily going around other cars before pulling into our hospitals emergency entrance area. We rushed out and inside, doctors meeting us ready for our arrival. Augustus lowered Roman onto the stretcher before the doctor began pulling it past two large doors, Augustus trying to follow but held back by one of the security guards standing off to the side.

I could only watch. It was happening again, I was watching her die. Again. I was watching her being taken away. Again.

Just like that day.

Just like when I couldn't do anything to help.

Augustus's back pressed against the wall as he slid down it, head in hands. I sank back into a chair, reaching into my pocket grabbing my phone. I pressed against his contact hating that he's going to hear this over the phone. Nobody wants this call.

The taunting ring filled my ears.

"...Remy"

Remy"