10

⚜ Laurent ⚜

I watched as the paramedics wheeled Roman into the hospital on a gurney, Lucien clung to my shirt as we followed them. Suddenly a nurse stepped in front of us we reached two large doors.

"I'm sorry but no unauthorized persons beyond this point, we'll take good care of her and I'll let you know when you can see her" a nurse said as Remy tried to get through the doors and around her.

I heard Rem and Cy arguing in the background as I stumbled towards a chair in the waiting area. Lucien following my action.

What happened? She didn't look like she was breathing when we saw her under the bridge. She looked...dead.

I felt the chair beside sink down and I turned my neck towards it. Cy sat down with his head in his hands, I looked for Remy, seeing him yelling into his phone a couple feet away.

"She was cold, she was so cold" Cy whispered from beside me.

"Why was she there Cy, do you know? What's going on?" Luc suddenly said from beside me, antsy to get explanations.

Cy shakily sat up and looked towards us, his red rimmed eyes prominent. He cleared his throat.

"After she got in trouble at school Remy went to grab her and they went back to the loft.." his said pausing trying to control his cry's. My body froze, did Remy do something.

"Remy was talking with her in the office and I guess he said some fucking messed up shit to Roman. She left his office, grabbed her stuff and left the penthouse"

My blood froze as I looked towards Remy sitting on the ground by the door the nurse wouldn't let us through. I was fuming. Lucien jumped up and pounced on Remy. With one knee pressed against Remy's chest and one propped up holding his weight he swiftly punched Remy repeatedly. Remy just laid there. Taking it. I quickly pried Luc off of Remy and dragged him back to the chair.

"YOU DID THIS, YOU FUCKING DID THIS TO HER" he yelled towards Remy from the chair as Cy helped Rem up against the wall. Tears dropped from Luc's cheeks onto his knuckles now smeared with Remy's blood.

"You fucking did this" he whimpered into my chest as his head was pressed into my shirt, his tears staining the fabric.

Luckily no one else was in the waiting area.

A couple minutes later the nurse rushed through the doors frantically looking for us.

Everyone rushed towards her as she led us to a room.

As we all stepped inside the light grey room. Sobs took form in my throat as I looked at Roman. Wires were attached all around her and she laid in a crisp looking large bed. Her once pale skin tinged almost blue and she look like a shell of a person. I turned around and smashed into Lucien's chest and he held me back just as tightly.

⚜ Lucien ⚜

As soon as we entered the room I felt Laurent smash into my chest. I looked over his shoulder and froze, seeing Roman. I clung to him just as tightly.

She didn't look like Roman. She looked like all the life had dissipated and all that was left was the remnants. She looked tired, simply and utterly tired.