17

⚜ Cyrille ⚜

After Remy told us what was going on with Roman and we talked for a while everyone left his room. I headed straight towards the gym in the penthouse. I opened the doors quickly and threw off my shoes, tie, and jacket. I squared up to the punching bag and started hitting it not bothering to wrap my hands.

I felt a warm tingling spread out across my knuckles and my wrist ache from the sudden impact. Zoning out while hitting the punching bag I stop to catch my breath and realize that it's midnight. I let out a sigh and pick up my clothes and shoes off the ground and head out of the gym towards my room.

Darkness encases the hallway in between Remy and I's room. I push open my door and throw my stuff on the bed heading straight towards my shower. I peel off my now sweaty clothes and step under the pelting warm water from the shower head.

I stand under it imagining Roman crying and pleading. Her screaming and the cold nights alone. I shake my thoughts as I wash my hair and body before quickly stepping out of the shower, hissing at the difference between the warmth of the shower and the coldness of the washroom. I finish my night routine and grab some pyjama's to sleep in.

While heading towards my bed a loud shock pelts through the walls. At first I think that the twins must be doing some random shit but then it happens again only this time accompanied with a bright flash. I look out the window and see rumbling skies and a hazy grey surrounding the sky.

The storm begins to get worse as I look at it.

Roman

My heart speeds up as I push open my door and start running through the penthouse, tripping up the stairs I rush towards Romans room. A sob sounds throughout the empty upstairs hallway as I reach her door. My breathing becomes shallow as I remember how Remy described finding Roman on the floor of our jet during a storm, how he had to check for her pulse.

I scrambled while opening the door, flashes of light surrounded the room and the gentle quietness disappeared along with the start of the thunder. I stress my eyes to try and find Roman. A ball lies on the bed being swallowed by the surrounding blankets. I rush towards Roman on her bed and stop in front of her.

Her body shakes and quivers, her hands out of the blanket holding it in place with an abnormal looking shake to them. My heart squeezes at her state as I slowly place myself beside her on the bed. I struggle to decide if I should really be doing this due to her not feeling completely comfortable in the penthouse and with us just yet. I quickly decide to go for it as another lightning strikes and a sob leaves Romans throat.

I slide my arms under Romans body and pull her towards my body trying to ignore how cold she is. Her muscles flex at first with my sudden contact but as another loud rumbles sounds she melts into my embrace. She clings to my body as I strain my mind trying to think of something to do.

I suddenly grab her headphones that lay at the end of her bed and slip them onto her ears. Multiple cassettes surround the floor and around her bed, I scramble to grab one not paying attention to what it is as I insert it into the Walkman, press play and turn it to full volume.

The hum of a piano encases the room from the headphones as she tightens her hold on my body. I can feel her uneven breathes, her shaking body and wobbled cries. I tilt my head back resting on the wall behind her bed trying to not let the tears fall from my eyes due to her state. It seems as though the storm picks up as the room lights up from lightning and the thunder repeatedly rumbles.

I feel Roman sobbing against me. Suddenly her iron grip begins to loosen around my body and it feels as though her sobs lessen and breaths slow down. I try to peel the blanket off of her to check on her but it stays rooted where it's are stuck. I peel Roman off of me from above the blanket, concerned about how easily I could get her off due to not being able to a second ago. I get on my knees beside her body and grab at the blankets, pulling them off of Roman.