Epilogue

"Hmm, Lancet's right. These pillows are as hard as rocks," Lucia mumbled to herself. She sunk back into the couch's hard cushions, which were still softer than the ground she slept on in Kayos. Lucia returned to writing a letter in her native language.

Report #15

I've settled here better than we had hoped. In fact, I've integrated too well. Normally, it should've taken meticulous planning, and time to reach our target. We had expected this mission to last for months.

But fortune has finally smiled upon the resistance. And she practically delivered the root of our country's anguish into my hands. It won't be long now. I'm so close, I'm shaking as I write this. Soon, we can finally put an end to the Gloxinias once, and for all, and cut off the military's biggest arms supply.

Who would've ever predicted that the heiress to the Gloxinias would be marrying my brother.

Lucia's pen stopped mid-air as she chewed her lip in thought.

Before you ask, my brother won't be a problem. In comparison to the sacrifices our country has endured to survive this never ending civil war, destroying whatever bond remains between my brother, and me, is insignificant.

Know that when this letter reaches you all, victory is on the horizon. As your leader, I vow that we will live to see the day the ice melts. We will live to see the day when we can breath again.

Lucia rolled the tiny piece of paper carefully in her fingers before reaching for the small, palm sized drone she had purchased. After securing the letter in its innards, she programmed the coordinates to her contact along the Kayos border, and pressed the button for camouflage mode. Lucia savored the weight of the machine in her hand, both literally, and metaphorically, as she walked to the open window. When the now invisible weight lifted from her skin, and the subtle whir of its blades flying were out of ear shot, Lucia shut the window.

When she turned to survey the vast emptiness, and luxury of the loft Lancet had left her, she sighed.

"I'm sorry I can't make it a home, Lancet," Lucia whispered to herself. "My home is, and will always be Kayos. Until I take Rose Gloxinia's life, my stay here in your fancy city is temporary..."

~ The End ~