nineteen

Calum.

Michael, Ashton and I watched her completely panic.

She was fully dressed and ready to go- Luke waiting in the living room, but Tate was giving us a full rundown of the everynight schedule of Lily- that we already knew- but we let her.

"And for vitamins she takes two of the ines in the green bottle-" "yeah, all the medicines i put her on." Ashton smiled towards her, making her stop, smiling lightly.

"Ive never left her." She admitted to us.

"Its just for a few hours, she'll be more than okay."  I assured her as Luke walked in.

"And even if she isnt- we are all doctors." Michael smiled, thinking he did something good- but i saw panic flash through her eyes.

"Okay- time to go." Luke spoke, making her face immediately relax.

"Okay" she mumbled, moving to Lily- who was coloring on the floor.

"Give mommy kiss" she mumbled.

They talked for a few seconds just little "i love yous" and "be goods" before tate moved to Luke, Luke grabbing her hand

"Thank you again, guys." Tate exhaled.

"Go- enjoy your date." Ashton ushered her out, making Luke follow her.

"Call us if you need anything." Luke whispered to me right before stepping out.

"Stop worrying, just take her on her date- she deserved it." I told him

I watched as he walked her to the passenger side of the car, opening the door for her.

I still saw the light bruises on her neck and arms that she wasnt able to cover with make up, but now- she wore a bright smile, eyes wide and always looking to Luke or Lily.

She deserved the happiness, she went through way too much torture to get to it.

Luke.

I held her hand every step of the way.

I didnt let her open any doors.

I pulled her closer when i could see her getting anxious.

She was safe.

We ate at the restaurant, sharing stories the entire time.

"So your parents?" I asked slowly after i finished a story about my parents.

"Dont know them" she spoke quickly.

"I was given to a safe haven fire department three hours after i was born- i had a fire fighter adopt me and raise me for the first ten years of my life and then died due to smoke inhalation from a preschool burning. So i went back into foster care and jumped from house to house until i was eighteen." She spoke

"I am so sorry Tate-" "no reason to be, it doesnt make me sad anymore" she smiled.

"I used to like to think that hes my guardian angel- but after i had Lily, i think i stopped believing that." She mumbled.

"How long after you having Lily did he start abusing you?" I asked her, grabbing her hand across the table.

She exhaled lightly, i could see her thinking.

"Maybe a month- i know for sure that the first time he actually hit me- like actually hurt me and left a mark, i was still healing from birth." She told me.

"Thats horrible." I spoke, staring to her.

She shrugged lightly.

"As long as it wasnt Lily." She spoke.

"Im sorry that you had to go through any of that." I told her.

"Just think of it the way i've been thinking of it" she cleared her throat.

"We wouldve never met if it wasnt for him, so in a weird way- im kinda thankful."