fourty eight

Luke.

Over the next few nights, we learned that Thomas didn't like to sleep overnight.

We were up every hour, religiously.

I tried to always beat Tate to getting up, but I failed several times.

I currently woke up to the feeling of Tate moving and I sat up, seeing her breast feeding him.

"You okay?" I asked her, rubbing her back gently,

"Yeah- he's just hungry." She told me quietly.

I sat up with her, making her lean on me to rest her back.

"There's something wrong with my right boob" she told me after a few moments of sitting in quietness.

"What's wrong?" I asked quickly.

"It hurts so bad when he's feeding and there's a lump that's moved over the past like two hours, but it just hurts so bad" she spoke slowly

"Probably a clogged milk duct, let me feel the lump," I told her, making her immediately guide my hand to it.

It wasn't hard, so it didn't concern me about cancer or anything.

I grabbed a heating rag, knowing heat would make it subside.

Two days later
Tate

Luke had gotten called into work for an hour to do some paperwork and I was at home, quite literally crying over my boob.

I was trying to feed him from my right boob because he had been eating off of strictly my left one the most because of the pain in my right, but I was beyond miserable.

Luke and I had tried every home remedy, nothing working and no medicine would help with this, we were just praying one day the remedies would work.

I called Luke, hoping that maybe he could ask for an antibiotic or something that would break it up for me and he didn't answer.

I was so miserable, I then called Calum.

"Hello?" He immediately answered.

"Hi Cal" I exhaled.

"What's wrong?" I could hear the panic in his voice immediately.

"Nothing- I was just wondering if you could prescribe me an antibiotic or something, because I have a clogged milk duct and I'm literally miserable." I explained carefully.

"I can only prescribe you an antibiotic for that if you developed mastitis, which is an infection, are you holding any heat in it or swelling?" He asked me.

I immediately started crying, which made him panic.

"It's not infected it just hurts so bad and I'm having to feed him out of that one because my left boob is producing slower because he's been eating out of it so much and I've tried every single home remedy-" "okay tate, don't cry." I heard him say slowly.

He then made me list every home remedy we tried, which I did.

"So this is going to sound crazy, but Luke can get it out." He spoke.

"Say what?" I asked

"Most people get their partners to suck it out, it's supposedly one of the only ways it actually works."

After several minutes of discussing this, he told me he would tell Luke and we ended the call.

I continued to try to feed Thomas, which resulted in me just crying more.

Luke got home just as I had stopped crying and was setting Thomas in his swing.

"You okay?" He immediately asked, hugging me from behind.

I nodded slowly.

"Let me try something Calum told me-" "I don't want you to do that." I almost started crying again.

Luke.

She continued to push me away from her, tears threatening to come out of her eyes.

"Baby you've fought this for three days-" "Luke it's a fucking milk clot, it's going to come out in your mouth." She cried out.

"I don't care, as long as you get some relief." I immediately told her, holding her hips as she stared to me.

"Let me just try the epsom salt-" I interrupted her, gently lifting her to sit on the kitchen counter.

"Luke." She whined out as I held her body, looking to her

"Give me a twenty second try, if I can't get it then we will figure something else out."

She argued with me for another ten minutes before I bribed her with the next five diaper changes on me, making her give in with a smile.

Just as I was about to give up, I gave it one more try, feeling the clot immediately hit my mouth, making me immediately result to spitting it in the sink, a relieved breath coming from Tate, making me know I got it.

"What are you doing?" Lily's voice rang, making Tate and I immediately make eye contact.

We didn't speak, we just stifled laughs.

"You drink moms milk?"