fourty five

three months later
Tate

Luke comforted me as I sat on a yoga ball, crying my eyes out.

I was almost a week past my due date
I was in so much pain
I couldn't sleep
I had been having minor contractions since yesterday, but my doctor dismissed them.
When I could sleep, Lily would wake me.
There was a tropical storm coming through so Lily was terrified of the thunder, consistently crying everytime it woke her up
I was beyond miserable

Luke massaged my back gently, kissing me firmly every chance he got.

I thanked God for him.

"I just want him to enduce me" I cried to him.

"You have to be a little further for that, princess" he spoke quietly.

Luke.

As I massaged her shoulders, she looked to me

"Can we have ice cream?" She asked quietly, making me laugh.

As I scooped ice cream, I listened to the news

"Officials are announcing that due to this incoming tropical storm, everyone should stay inside and off of roads-" I turned it off, watching Tate sit at the counter, her puffy eyes making me kiss her immediately.

Soon, there was a knock at the door

"I'll see who it is" I mumbled, kissing Tate's head before heading to the door

As soon as I opened it- I saw three drenched men.

"What the Fuck?" I spoke the them, hearing Michael laugh

"Our power went out and there's a limb in the road so we couldn't drive here, so we ran." He laughed.

Dumbasses.

They walked into the house, immediately running to our room and stealing my clothes, changing into dry ones.

"How are you feeling Tater?" Calum asked Tate, making her manage to laugh.

"Huge"

And as if God just knew now wasn't the time, I watched Tate stand up and the middle she did, I watched a weird expression fly through her face

"Water broke" Calum announced before I could even ask her what was wrong.

"No." Tate spoke firmly.

"You're fine." I immediately told her, grabbing her arms, seeing the panic fly through her face.

"We're going to take you to the hospital-" "you just heard the guys say that the limbs- they couldn't get through how are we going to?" The tears immediately swelled in her eyes.

"You're fine." I assured her again.

"Ash!" I then yelled out, making him and Michael join us downstairs, their laughter seizing as soon as they saw the amniotic fluid moving down my wife's legs.

"Someone call an ambulance, tell them who we are and that we are going to check her dilation." I spoke calmly, rubbing Tate's side.

"Luke we can not do this here" Tate cried to me, the tears finally pouring over.

"We aren't doing anything here." I calmed her down.

"You and I are going to lay on the couch, Ash and Michael are going to go comfort Lily and grab you some clothes to change into shortly and Calum is going to check your dilation-" "Calum is not my OBGYN" she cried to me.

"I've delivered babies before though, I'm capable of doing everything before and after, and we aren't delivering the baby here- just making sure you're not far along to where we need to worry about that." Calum chimed in slowly, making her exhale.