fourty

two days later
Luke

I was sweating
Not because it was hot
But because I was nervous

But it was also physically hot.

I was standing on the beach in dress pants and a button up shirt, waiting on Ashton and Calum to somehow get Lily and Tate to me without ruining the surprise.

I held the boxes firmly in my hand, looking to my family who was seated with their phones and cameras, just as nervous for us.

And soon I saw Lily and Ashton coming into view- they were supposed to come exactly five minutes before Tate.

"Hi pretty girl." I spoke to lily as she ran to me, chocolate covering her face

"Luke, Ash and I are playing hide and seek from mommy- we have to hide." She spoke, more than excited.

"This is the best spot to hide, pretty girl." I mumbled to her.

"But I have to ask you something," I cleared my throat, hoping she'd understand what I was saying.

"What?" She smiled adorably.

"So you know how your mommy and I are dating, right?" I spoke slowly, seeing her nod.

"Well I want your mommy to be my wife, so I can spend everyday with her for the rest of my life, so that I can be with you as well for the rest of my life." I spoke, feeling a lump swell in my throat as I watched her big green eyes look all over my face.

"Sad?" She asked me, making me laugh lightly.

"Very happy, baby." I told her calmly

"Will you let me marry your mommy?" I asked her calmly.

"Will that make you daddy?" She asked slowly.

"Not exactly." I spoke back cautiously.

"But I can promise you that I will always care for you and love you like you are my baby, I'll never let anything hurt you." I watched her smile get bigger.

"You can be like daddy!" She jumped as she spoke- not exactly understanding what I was saying, but the words she said made me almost cry.

"I bought you something" I cleared my throat, opening the small box I got her with a necklace in it, the necklace very similar to the look of her moms ring.

She gasped immediately as I took it out

"Pretty" she spoke as I carefully put it around her neck, making her immediately jump into my arms, hugging me tightly.

I kissed her cheek gently, making her look to me

"We have to show mommy!" She bounced from excitement.

"We will in a few minutes, but you have to let me ask mommy first, okay?"

She seemed to understand so my mom took several pictures of Lily and I, before I soon heard Ashton's voice.

"Why are you yelling?" I heard Tate dramatically say back, laughing as she did.

And as soon as she saw the scene, I saw her stop walking.

By the time ashton got her to us, she was already crying.

"Luke." She spoke firmly as I took her hand, kissing her knuckle gently.

"You know how we always fight and say we love each other more?" I was fighting my tears as I watched hers run down her face.

She nodded to me

"I want to be able to love you more, forever."

I went to my one knee

"Tate, will you marry me?"

She almost threw herself into my chest, hugging me tightly

"Yes." She cried into me.

"Yes, a million times." She kissed my lips firmly.

The entire crowd of family cheered as I put the ring on her finger, kissing her several times.

We all took pictures afterwards, Lily ecstatically showing Tate her necklace multiple times.

We all went to dinner together, celebrating with each other, taking too many pictures to count.

"Thank you Luke" Tate whispered to me as I held her hand tightly.

"Thank you for saying yes."