thirty eight

Luke.

Eight long hours later, we landed in Australia- all of us beyond tired, but a surprisingly hyper Lily.

"She got her eight hours of beauty rest" tate laughed as she fully skipped behind Michael, following him off the plane.

"She's the only one who got any rest."

Soon we were all outside, watching Lily jump as she held Michael's hand, waiting on Jack to come pick us up.

"Of course he's late- typical fucking Jack-" "how are you going to talk shit about your brother that you haven't seen in over a year." I heard the thick accent from behind me, making me immediately laugh.

"Didn't see you there." I laughed, immediately hugging him, feeling him firmly hug me back.

"No hard feelings, I parked far just to piss you off."

He hugged all the guys firmly before he brought his full attention to Lily.

"And you must be the beautiful Lily." He spoke, bending to her height, making her almost hide behind Michael.

"introduce yourself, Lily." Tate gently urged her, a small smile on her mouth the entire time.

"Lily this is my big brother Jack" I told her slowly, watching her glance between him and I.

"Hi" she whispered to him.

"Hi" he whispered back, extending his hand, which she gently held without being told, making him smile.

"And you must be Tate- I've heard so much about you." He immediately pulled her into a hug.

"It's nice to meet you, I hope it was all good" Tate laughed out.

"Of course- mate here is in love." He laughed as he motioned to me before taking a bag out my hand.

"Better get going now, right?" He immediately asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Let's go."

The car ride to the house was long- longer than I ever remember it being.

Michael and Lily were arguing back and forth about not taking a nap when we got to the house, which wasn't up to debate according to anyone but Lily.

"Mommy, tell Mikey I don't need a nap." Lily spoke, touching Tate as she said it.

"You do need a nap, you're going to be angry later it you don't." Tate spoke slowly.

"No mommy" she immediately whined out, making Jack laugh.

Within minutes we pulled up at the house, us all getting out together, myself picking up Lily, who's arms were extending to anyone who seemed available to hold her.

She immediately leaned her head on my shoulder, making me bounce her

"Sleepy?" I asked, wondering if she didn't have time to sleep all of the melatonin off.

"No" she lied.

We went inside together, giving everyone hugs, myself introducing Lily and Tate to all of our families, Tate and Mali immediately making conversation.

"Yeah- he's definitely a keeper, I would know" Mali laughed out just as I joined the conversation, smiling to her.

"The sister I never had." I told her, feeling her hug me tightly.

We soon all had lunch, my mom talking with Tate as Tate fed Lily, my mom watching the two of them as if she already loved them, which relieved me greatly.

I walked up behind Tate, feeding her a bite of my food as she fed Lily, making her laugh lightly

"The sweetest" I heard my mom speak out, making me smile to her.

Minutes later I immediately heard Lily start crying, Tate pulling her into her lap seconds after.

"What's wrong?" Tate spoke slowly as she hugged her gently.

"I wanted Michael." She cried out, making both Tate and I laugh- not even surprised at this point

"I think someone needs a nap more than anything."