one

Hallie Jane

There was a knock on my door that shook me out of my thoughts. "Hal you okay?" My roommate, Sarah, asked me through the small crack she had made. "As good as I can be." I said.

The feeling of loosing a parent was unbearable much less loosing both of them in a tragic car accident. I have an older brother who i've only seen 3 times in the past 12 years, and the most recent time was at the funeral.

"Do you need anything?" She asked, coming to sit next to me on the bed. She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head on my shoulder. " I'm okay I think. Thank you for checking on me." I said. "Of course. I'm off to work but call me if you need anything at all seriously." She said. I nodded my head and wiped a tear from my eye. "I love you." I said. "I love you more Hal." She said.

She disappeared through the same crack she came in, and I was left alone again. The funeral was 3 days ago and now i've been left with the memory of my parents and how much they loved me and my brother. Even though me and my brother couldn't stand each other we still came together when our parents asked us. Which is how we managed to end up seeing each other 3 times. My parents never really asked us to be around each other though, they knew it only led to more family turmoil.

I had to work today but couldn't bring myself into going into the office and they didn't expect me too. Today was actually my first day back since the accident. I stood from my bed and went to the office, opening my laptop, taking a deep breath and started on the first task that was written in my planner. I had a couple interview questions to answer and send over to the journalist that were asking me. My latest work was on the Elvis movie, I was in the wardrobe department and worked on the main characters outfits. So I was kind of a spokesperson for all things costumes to all the fashion magazines.

My phone dinged and a notification came across my laptop showing who it was and what it said.

Austin
You doing okay today?

Yes i am, thank you :)

Austin
I'm glad to hear it. Do you need anything?

I don't think so. i'm just trying to get some work done while Sarah is gone, to keep my mind off being alone.

Austin
Well let me know if you need anything, even if it's somebody to just talk to. i know what you're going through.

Thank you 🥲 Maybe we could get dinner later? if you're not busy.

Austin
I'd love that. Let me know what time.

Will do!

Me and Austin definitely got the closest during these past 3 ish years. Between dress rehearsals and actually filming the movie. He was the one I worked with the most, with all of his extravagant wardrobe changes and making sure everything was just right. We were kinda like best friends but of course he's insanely hot. So it's a win win.

Olivia
Hey love you doing okay?

I am, i think.. Trying to get some work done and get my mind off things.

Olivia
I completely understand. I'm here if you need me, or need anything at all. I can't even imagine how you're feeling.

thank you so much liv. I miss u and love u so much

Olivia
I miss and love you more 💗