thirty six

Hallie Owens

Todays the day. Today I get married. Today is a day I never thought would come, but now it's here and will be over in a flash.

I'm sitting in the makeup chair getting the last of my individual lashes placed into my eyes. Whoever suggested to get semi lash extensions on your wedding day to make sure they last, is a liar. Wait it was me who suggested that.

"You doing okay?" Sarah asked. I took a deep breath and tried to look at her out of my peripheral, but the glue had my eyes stuck together. "Oh god." I said, panicking. " I'm okay. Besides that, i'm okay I think. Not stressed just a little antsy." I said. "Understandable. You're marrying a celebrity and about to have the most glorious bohemian wedding i've ever seen." She said. "Yeah thanks for adding that. Now i'm maybe stressed." I said. "Don't be. You're gonna feel so relaxed when it's over, but so overwhelmed with emotions. But all good ones." She said. "I don't want it to be over." I said. "Why?" She asked. "Because then I have nothing else to plan for. All the small details and planning i've spent the last 6 months doing, will be over in 5 hours. I wanna bottle all of the things up of today and keep it in my pocket forever." I said. "You will have a million things to plan for Hal. Kids, as many as you'd ever want. Maybe even a new series like 19 Kids and Counting if you want, dinner parties, birthday parties, regular parties, anniversaries. Trust me Hal your life is just beginning I promise." Sarah said. "Thank you Sarah." I said.

Hair and makeup went by pretty smoothly after that, and then it was time to get everybody dressed, and ready for pictures. I was having a first look with Sarah and Garrett because they are my family, and they're the ones I want to surprise besides Austin. Once I was in my dress, I hid in the room we were getting dressed in and Sarah and Garrett moved outside, to a place where Austin couldn't see us. There were drapes hung up outside the venue which were the same colors as each of the bridesmaid dresses, and matched the colors in the "rug aisle" I'd be walking down. Decorations wise, everything was picture perfect, but deep down I was dying to just be alone with Austin. I wanted to start our lives, just to two us as a married couple, husband and wife, and I was so overwhelmed with those feelings I felt like I could melt into a puddle at any minute.

After a debacle getting my dress on and going to the bathroom, we spent over an hour taking our pictures. I felt like a princess.

——
Austin

god I couldn't wait to see her. This day i've envisioned in my head everyday since the day I met her. I knew she was the one, she had to be. No one made me feel the way she did. No one made me feel as loved as she did, and i've never loved anybody quite like I love her. My hands were shaking as I pushed the tie up on the collar of my shirt. I checked the rest of my outfit in the long mirror and ran a hand through my hair. Garrett walked up behind me, "You doing okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, i'm
good. Just ready to see her." I said. "I understand trust me. You'll cry I know you will." He teased. "I know I will too. Probably going to be an ugly cry." I joked. "Black mail!" He yelled grabbed a beer from the mini fridge in the suite we were in.

I heard rustling outside the window and girls laughing. "Don't you dare look." Garrett said. I threw my hands up, "I won't! Swear!" I yelled. I needed something to distract me. "Do you need a shot?" My sister asked walking in the room next. The sound of a girls voice in here caught me off guard. "Maybe." I said. "Don't be so nervous. Everything's going to be fine. She looks beautiful, you look beautiful. it's fine." She reassured me. "Here. Hold this." She said handing me a shot glass. I looked at the side of it, AHB est. 2023. I smiled to myself, "Where did you get this?" I asked. "Ordered it. Duh. Don't worry there's one in your house already, I snuck it in there in a basket for you guys when we left this morning." She said. "I love it. Thanks." I said.