eight

Hallie Jane

Being back in LA was one of the best feelings after being on an airplane or in another city for a while. I was unpacking my bags and doing what felt like 20 loads of laundry when Sarah walked into my room. The new cat friend we had running in behind her. His name was Ollie, he really was precious. "How does it feel to be back finally?" She asked. "So good. I'm so excited to just have a break and be able to chill and do my favorite things again." I said. "I bet. I feel you haven't been home in a month." She said. "I basically haven't." I said.

She got quiet and laid across the bed, looking at me and occasionally scratching the cats head making him pur. "What's going on? You seem upset." I said. "I just it's nothing. Just some things going on in my head." She said. "You can talk to me if you want." I said. "I know I can. I just don't know how." She said. "Do you have some really great opportunity that's gonna make you rich and famous?" I asked. "Pretty much." She said. My mouth fell open. "Dude no way!" I shouted. "Yeah! But I have to move." She said. "No.." I said. "Yeah, to New York." She said. "Not the other side of the country." I said. "I know. What am I gonna do?" She said. I laid down on the bed and grabbed her head placing it on my arm, and played with her hair. "You're going to take this opportunity because it's everything you've ever wanted, and you're going to be rich and famous and you're going to be a smoking hot new york model girl who lets her best friend come and visit her anytime she wants." I said. "You'll be welcome anytime." She said. "I better be." I said. "I don't know how i'm gonna leave this place. LA is my home. You're my home." She said, I could tell in her voice she was getting sad. "Don't get sad on me. You're gonna make a new home with new people. But you're never going to forget me." I said. "I could never." She said. I kissed her forehead and then smacked it. "Hey! I won't miss that though." She laughed.

I continued to unpack and clean up my room. When I was done I got in a bath, settled with my favorite book and a glass of wine. I heard my phone buzzing on the counter but I was too far away to reach it. I finally got a burst of energy and got up to get it.

Austin❤️
Happy to be settled at home?

Yes definitely! But sarah just gave me some not so good news..

Austin❤️
Oh no! What's going on?

She's gotten some really good opportunity with her modeling and she's gotta move to New York. 🥲

Austin❤️
That's awesome for her, but super sad for us ):

Exactly. But we have a place to stay in New York !

Austin❤️
very true. although i do already have an apartment there...

I swear you have apartments everywhere.

Austin❤️
I can't help it. When i get somewhere and start filming something for a long period of time I want my own space!

It's fine i understand. 🙄

Austin❤️
So what are you gonna do for a roommate?

Nothing honestly. I'll probably just turn it into a guest bedroom. I think it would be nice to have the place to myself.

Austin❤️
Living alone is one of the best decisions i've ever made.

I want to feel that way.

I placed the phone on the shelf outside of the bathtub and finally got out of the water. I dried myself off with a towel and put on my fresh set of clothes. Some people might say that taking a relaxing bath in the middle of the day is weird but that's just me. I wandered around the apartment until I found sarah in her room. "So when do you leave?" I asked. "I leave next week for orientation and apartment hunting. Then once I find one i'm gone as soon as I can move in." She said. "This is so exciting." I said. "It is, but i'm still so sad." She said. "You know you can come back here whenever also. I'm sure you'll have gigs out here." I said. "I'm sure I will. It's just gonna be such a culture shock." She said. "That's the fun of it." I said. "Well would you wanna go grocery shopping one last time with me?" I asked. "I would love that." She said. We changed and headed out. Walking down the sidewalk, tripping over our own feet as we laughed about stuff we haven't laughed over in months. The first time we've actually been able to spend free time with no work commitments besides hers next week.