twenty

Hallie Owens

"Okay so eventually I do have to go back to LA. Are you going to come with me?" Austin asked me. Snapping me out of my trance I was in. "Oh. Honestly, I hadn't even thought about it. I've been so obsessed with the whole idea of us being back together that I forgot you do have to go back at some point." I said. "I know, me too. Turns out I have some interviews next week. So i'll have to leave then." He said. I poked my lip out, pouting at the thought of him leaving this city.

"Okay no fair. Just come back with me.." He begged, now poking his lip out begging for me to say yes to him, with his bright blue eyes. He knew I would. "Okay fine. But i'm not staying forever." I said. "You say that, but you'll get attached to LA again." He said. "The only reason I really left was because of you anyways." I said. Now using my eyes as a weakness for him. "I know you did. But never again." He said. "Promise?" I asked. "Promise." He said. Kissing my lips. "What kind of interviews do you have to do?" I asked. "Some PR for dune, there's also some old Elvis interview that got pushed back and just now rescheduled." He said. "Speaking of. Have you talked to Olivia lately?" He asked. "Everyday. Why?" I asked. "Have you told her about us?" He asked. "No why?" I asked. "Well obviously I want you to be there. So if you come she'll know somethings up. Also we should have those photoshoot pictures back soon, and we can just post those so people know we're back together." He said. "Nothing has to be staged. Stop planning everything. Be casual and happy in this version of our relationship. I'm not like Kaia." I said. I placed my arms around his neck, pulling him close to me. "I know, I know. I'm sorry." He said. "Everything's gonna happen when it's supposed to. They will find out when they're supposed to. Who cares anymore. Everything's back to normal." I said. He smiled at me. "You're right. I'm sorry. I need to get that mindset out of my brain." He said. "Everything's gonna be fine. I'll go back to LA with you, and i'll go to the interview, and we will tell everybody we know that we're back together if we want to." I said smiling. "I'd love that." He said.

We ended up walking around the city for the day.. At this point, we had just decided we weren't hiding from everybody anymore and we were going to do things we enjoyed.

As we walked into various stores and even stopped at a restaurant to have some brunch and mimosas. Our phones went off. "The pictures are back." I said. "I see that. Let's look." He said. I scooted over closer to him and looked at the pictures on his phone as he swiped. I smiled. "Okay these are actually so good." I said. "I like them too. Aw look at us. Our first photoshoot together." He said, almost in a joking matter. I shoved his arm, "Quit. never doing one again if you don't stop making fun." I said. He threw his hands up, "I'm not!" He said.

After we ate and had several mimosas we left the restaurant and headed back on the streets. We went to some more shops and then ended up in a record store, where both of us wandered around aimlessly for about two hours before we collectively added all the ones we picked out to a pile on the counter.

Once we made it back to my apartment we added the vinyl collection to my record player, and the shelf I had up under it which held my already massive collective. I sat down on the couch, and turned the tv on. Austin was in the kitchen, making something because I heard a machine running. "Babe look, Blue Hawaii's on." I said. "Have you watched it before?" He asked. "Yes, of course!" I said. "Never hurts to watch it again." He said. He brought me a cup of coffee along with himself one and sat down on the couch next to me.

"Okay, i'm posting my picture. You ready to get thousands of comments and texts from our friends and family about this?" I asked. "Never been more ready in my life." He said.