twenty three

Hallie Owens

This week i've down four runway shows for NYFW. To say i'm exhausted is an understatement.

I feel I haven't had a chance to breath much less see Austin. Sure we've gone out to things after the shows, but other then that I haven't had time to just do cute things with him like I normally do.

Tonight was my last show before I could just enjoy the events tomorrow. I was backstage getting ready to walk. I had been throwing up the whole time i've been here. I hadn't told Austin because he wouldn't made me skip tonight and stay home. But I couldn't do that, this was my job and I couldn't go home just because I was throwing up and felt the worst I've felt in a while, even worse the when I was sick a couple weeks ago.

They finished the last touches to my revealing outfit and I was sent down the runway. Straight faced and sashaying down the runway, not making eye contact with anybody on the sides. I was only able to look forward, which was why Austin was placed right at the end of the runway. That was my way of getting my signal that I was almost through it. I was about to do the turnaround and walk backstage. He was there manspreading in his chair which he knew was my weekness as he clapped, a smirk and a wink on his face as I turned around to head backstage for the quickest outfit change of all time.

As soon as my feet hit the steps on the back of the stage I was met with stage hands who were there to change my outfit. My next outfit was the most revealing of the night and was also the last one I had to wear. Austin had no clue about this one because it was a last minute decision in last nights rehearsal. I changed into the tight fitting mini dress with a plunging neckline, and headed back out to the stage. When I made it down to him, he was fidgeting in his chair, making it known that this outfit was doing things to him. Like his all back suit and black hair he had right now weren't doing the same for me.

When I was done with my part of the show, I remained backstage to change into my dress for the rest of the night. Austin met me backstage once I was changed and scooped me up into a big hug. "You looked amazing. I'm so proud of you." He said, placing his hands on the side of my face and pulling me in for a kiss. "Thank you!" I said. He pulled me closer to him by my waist and whispered in my ear. "Can you bring that last outfit home with you?" He said. A shiver was sent down my spine just from his whispering in my ear. "I'll see what I can do." I said. "Please." He begged.

We walked out from backstage when the show was over, and finally got to go to some real events. We made it to the Chanel show just in time to catch the end of it. Then we headed to the after party. My head was still pounding, but this time I think it was from exhaustion. We found a standing table and landed there, taking a glass of champagne from the servers tray as they walked by. "Seriously you looked amazing. I can't say it enough." He said. "Thank you. I'm glad you liked it." I said. "Oh I definitely did." He said. "Well can I just saying i'm enjoying this all black look tonight." I said. "Oh really? You've always been a fan of the dark hair." He said. "I have. There's just something about it." I said.

We headed to the bar next and I disappeared to the bathroom. When I opened the door, there she stood. Someone I never thought I'd see out in public. Don't know why I thought that but I did. She was re applying her lipstick in the mirror, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I hurried past her, still gazing at her and walked to a stall that was open.

"Are you Hallie?" She asked. She turned around to face me, putting her lipstick in her bag.  "I am." I said. "I'm Vanessa. I've heard a lot about you." She said. "Trust me, I know who you are. Big Fan." I said, with a smile. It's not like I hated her, I don't have a problem with her at all. Just never thought i'd have to be in the same room with her so this situation never went though my head. "Well thank you so much. I'm a fan of you too. You looked amazing tonight." She said. My heart fluttered knowing she didn't hate me either. "Oh that's an honor. Thank you so much." I said. "Of course. I've been wanting to meet you. You're like the next best thing. I'm sure you know that." She said. "I didn't actually, But it sounds great coming from you. I've been wanting to meet you also." I said. She smiled, "I know you probably think this situation is awkward. Trust me it's not.  It's been years, and I'm happy for both of you." She said.