twenty eight

Hallie Owens

I woke up with a headache. My stomach was hurting so bad and I knew this feeling was from my period.

I went to the bathroom and starting brushing my teeth. I needed to take a shower because my mom always said a shower makes you feel better. She was right.

I stripped down and got in the shower. The warm water washing over me. As soon as I stepped foot out of the shower, I reached for my clothes on the counter and put them on. I felt myself getting sick. I bent down and threw up in the toilet. I wiped my mouth and brushed my teeth again, taking some Tylenol and taking my blanket and pillow to the couch to watch tv for the rest of the day. Who knows what time Austin's flight actually took off last night and I know it's a long flight so he wouldn't be texting me for a while.

I laid on the couch and turned the tv on, Keeping Up With The Kardashians was on so of course that's what I stuck with. I got myself some water from the kitchen and grabbed some chips from the pantry. I ended up drifting off to sleep, and only woke up when there was a knock on the door.

Maybe I was getting a package or something. I went to the door and opened it, immediately looking at the ground but there was nothing there. I turned around to walk back in the apartment. Maybe they had the wrong place. "Boo!" I heard someone yell from the corner next to the door. My eyes got wide when I saw who was standing there. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "I came home to surprise you." Austin said. He picked me up and spinning me around. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. "I missed you so much." I said. "I missed you too." He said. "So you weren't mad?" I asked. "Not at all." He said. He placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

He placed me back down on the ground and drug his bags in the door. "I swear you're getting as bad as me." I said. "I know. I wasn't even gone for that long." He said. "It felt like an eternity though." I said.

I helped him unpack, but the feeling of me getting sick hit again. I sprinted to the bathroom and threw up. "You okay?" He asked me. "Yeah. Cramps." I said. I brushed my teeth again, and continued helping him. "Go lay down if you don't feel good." He said. "I'm okay really." I said. "You look tired." He said. "number one don't say that to a girl especially when she's on her period. number two maybe because I cried last night thinking you were mad at me." I said. "Stop! I'm sorry." He said, pouting his lips at me. "Yeah, don't do that again." I said.

I hung up his clean clothes in the closet and closed the door behind me. "So were you planning on surprising me the whole time or did something happen with the shoot?" I asked. "No I was planning on surprising you the whole time." He said. I shook my head. "You sneaky man." I laughed.

________

Today was Met Gala day. I was so excited to actually be apart of the met this year and not just be Austin's date.

Today was pretty busy, just like every other day like this. Of course Austin would get ready 30 minutes before we had to be there because that's just how it works for him.

I've been able to get everything situated before I go to Atlanta. It sucks saying I because I wish it was me and Austin going, but there's nothing for him there. He swears i'll be fine and he'll come visit me every chance he gets but life gets busy and when you're not in the same city as the person you're dating or even the same state it gets complicated. I don't want our relationship to suffer just because this is "a great opportunity" when I could continue on the path we're on now and everything could be fine. I feel like this definitely might be a set back for him proposing anytime soon. I mean we haven't even fully moved in together yet, I definitely feel like we'd be skipping some steps if we got engaged first. Which who cares about steps if it works it works, but he's been discussing moving in together and now i'm moving to another state. So I feel like it's just a setback in our relationship in general.