Chapter 9: We Don't Talk About Bruno

A/n: 🎶We don't talk about Bruno-no-no-no. We don't talk about Brunoooooo!🎶 And I'm BACK and still ALIVE, Shining Stars! It's been so long. My family and I are in deep grief of our loss of my Grandpa last month. Starting next Wednesday, I will be gone for a week for my Grandpa's funeral and going to the beach. Don't worry, I will write the next chapter after the break. Anyway, enjoy the next chapter! (Warning: This song is a CATCHY song that makes you want to sing-song with it.) God bless you and Jesus loves you!😊❤️

Pepa singing

Félix singing

Chorus, town people, Abuela Alma singing

Dolores singing

Camilo singing

Isabela singing

Mirabel singing

(Y/n) singing

Third Person P.O.V

Mirabel and (Y/n) hurries out of Bruno's room and turns a corner and walks right into Abuela Alma.

"Where are you two coming from in such a hurry?" Abuela Alma asked.

"I'm sorry. We were—" Mirabel stammered, nervous.

"What's in your hair? And why's (Y/n) a mess?" Abuela noticed a bit of sand on Mirabel's hair and (Y/n)'s dress.

"Uh—"

Before Mirabel explain, She, Abuela Alma, and (Y/n) heard someone crying from downstairs.

"My gift!" Luisa wailed, staggers up the stairs behind them. "I'm losing my gift!"

"What?" Abuela Alma asks, alarmed.

"Mirabel and I were having this little talk about me carrying too much, so I tried not to carry so much but I realized it was putting me behind and I knew I was gonna let everyone down and felt really bad, so I was grabbing all the donkeys but then when I went to throw the donkeys in the barn, they were...Heavy!" Luisa runs off to her room, crying.

Mirabel and (Y/n) stood there, mortified by what was happening to Luisa.

Abuela Alma turns around to face Mirabel. "What did you do? What did you say to her?"

"Nothing. I-I don't—" Mirabel sputtered.

"Mirabel—" Before Abuela Alma begin to scold Mirabel, the bell tower rings. "I have to go get the Guzmans for Isabela's engagement. Stay away from Luisa until I can talk to her. Tonight, we can't have any more problems. And whatever you're doing, stop doing it." She commanded and went downstairs.

(Y/n) puts her hand on Mirabel's shoulder for comfort. Mirabel turns to her with a small smile.

Mirabel and (Y/n) hears Luisa sobbing behind her closed door. It flickers lightly as if its magic was fading. They looked each other, concern.

As they went back to Mirabel's room, Mirabel pulls out the shards of Bruno's vision. Mirabel and (Y/n) are trying to understand about the vision.

"Why am I in your vision, Bruno?" Mirabel asked to herself.

A flash of lighting and thunder shake the room. Startled, Mirabel and (Y/n) turns to see Tía Pepa in the doorway, carrying a basket.

"Tía, jeez." Mirabel and (Y/n) said at the same time.

"Sorry, sorry, I-I didn't mean to-" Pepa notice a cloud above her head. "Shoo, shoo, shoo!" She shooed a cloud out the door and closed the door.

"I just wanted to get the last of Toñito's things." Pepa said as Mirabel and (Y/n) quickly puts the shards back to Mirabel's bag. "And I heard 'the name we do not speak.'"