Chapter 14: A Dying House

A/n: Here it is, Shining Stars! A new chapter! Again, I am REALLY sorry for a wait. I've been busy and got sick past 10 days but I'm feeling much better now. So, enjoy the chapter and Jesus loves you!

Third Person's P.O.V

"What is going on?!" The voice of Abuela Alma shouted.

Mirabel, Isabela and (Y/n) sit up to find Abuela Alma and Abuela (Gm/n) entering the courtyard. All of Isabela's wild plants had taken over the courtyard.

"What happened here?" Abuela (Gm/n) said, looking around admiring the scene of the plant-covered courtyard.

"Abuela! Abuela (Gm/n)! It's okay. Everything's- We're gonna save the miracle- the magic-" Mirabel tried to explain.

"What are you talking about?" Abuela Alma cried as the plants disappearing. "Look at our home. Look at your sister!"

"Please, just- Isabela isn't happy." Mirabel explained.

"Of course she isn't happy, you ruined her proposal!"

"No, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal and then we did all of this and the candle burned brighter and cracks..."

"Mirabel."

"That's why I'm in the vision, I'm saving the miracle!"

"You have to stop, Mirabel!" Abuela Alma yelled.

Mirabel stopped and frowned.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, and (Y/n) almost gone missing because of you. I don't know why you weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt these families!"

As Abuela Alma continued to blame Mirabel, more cracks formed.

Mirabel's heart nearly breaks as she looks at Abuela Alma. "I will never be good enough for you. Will I?" Mirabel said softly, heartbroken. "No matter how hard I try."

Mirabel's family and (Y/n)'s family enter, having heard the argument.

"No matter how hard any of us tries." Then Mirabel gestures her sisters and her best friend. "Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. And (Y/n) came with me because she wanted to help. Bruno left our families because you only saw the worst in him."

"Bruno didn't care about these families." Abuela Alma snapped.

"He loves these families! I love these families! We all love these families! You're the one that doesn't care!"

...

The cracks begins to spread into the town, frightening the people.

...

"You're the one breaking our home!" Mirabel accused.

"Don't you ever--!"

"The miracle is dying because of you!" Mirabel argued.

Abuela Alma was struck by Mirabel's words. Then a huge cracks rips opens between them and a house started to shake.

"No, no, no!" Pepa exclaimed.

"The candle!" Félix yelled.

A huge crack nearly rips the House in half, shaking all the way up to the window where the candle was and the window is cracked and the candle teetering and fell over.

As everyone tries to get their bearings, Mirabel looks up at the candle and races to save a candle when (Y/n) notices her.

Mirabel calls to the House. "Casita, get me up there!"