Chapter 10: Dinner Proposal Disaster

A/n: I'm back! I hope you guys had a great summer and I hope that you had a great first day of school/college! And enjoy the chapter, Shining Stars!

Third Person P.O.V

The Madrigal family and Estrella family, plus Mariano and his abuela sit at the dining table.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto including the Estrellas. Abuela Alma said, as Abuela (Gm/n) simply nodded.

"Yes, then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster." Abuela Guzman said, jokingly.

As the abuelas chuckled, Mirabel and (Y/n) staring intensely at Dolores, willing her not to divulge the secret which Dolores struggles to keep the secret in but looks like she's gonna blow.

"To a perfect night. Salud!" Abuela Alma toasted.

"Salud!" Everyone replied.

Mirabel still staring at Dolores as she pours the food on her bowl and (Y/n) also still staring at Dolores as she mouthed 'Don't say anything'. Dolores whimpered as she trying to hold in.

As the two best friends still staring at Dolores, Mariano passes a bowl of avocados and his arm passes in front of them, blocking their view of Dolores.

"Avocado?"

Mirabel quickly moves it away, but now she and (Y/n) saw now Dolores is whispering to Camilo about the secret. Camilo chokes on his food as he changes into Mirabel, (Y/n), Bruno, then back to himself but his face messed up.

The Abuelas noticed this. Abuela Alma chuckles as she pours more wine for Abuela Guzman to distract her.

"Camilo, fix your face." Félix said to his son.

Camilo changes his face back to normal. He looks at the girls shocked and concerned. Mirabel dropped her jaw as (Y/n) shakes her head rapidly, telling him do not tell. Then Isabela passes jug of water in front of them.

"Water?"

As the jug passes, Mirabel and (Y/n) sees that Camilo is now whispering to Félix. Félix's eyes widen as he sprays water out of his mouth which flies onto the other side of the table where the Guzmans are. (Y/n) snickers quietly by seeing Mariano's expression as he squeals. Camilo smiles awkwardly as Félix clearing his throat.

"Mirabel, the cream, please." Abuela Alma said, trying to cover up the weird situation.

Mirabel turns to Agustín who is next to her. "Pa, the cream."

Agustín tries to hand her the cream, but his hand is shaking like crazy. (Y/n) takes the cream and passes to Mirabel. Mirabel passes the cream to Isabela and so on.

The sound of thunder draws Mirabel and (Y/n)'s attention to Pepa who looked at them shocked and terrified. Félix is whispering in her ear, and now a small swirling rain cloud forms over the dining room table.

"Pepa, the cloud." Abuela Alma said, embarrassed.

"Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." Pepa whispered to herself as she is trying her best to calm herself down as she is combing her hair.

Julieta leaned over to Pepa, concerned. Pepa whispers in Julieta's ear. Julieta looked at the girls, deeply worried. (M/n) noticed this.

"What is it?" (M/n) asked Julieta.

Julieta whispers in (M/n)'s ear. (M/n)'s eyes widened as she looked over to the girls, shocked and worried.

Mirabel and (Y/n) tries to avoid the gaze. (Y/n) looked other direction while Mirabel looking down at the floor to avoid eye-contact. But as Mirabel looks down, she finds tiny cracks beginning to form on the floor below her.