Chapter 15: Cuatro Oruguitas

A/n: Hi Shining Stars! The chapter is HEEERRREEE! WHOOOOOO! Sorry I didn't post the chapter in two months. I was typing the chapter to catch up. I was busy for activities, did a Easter play for my church last Sunday and hanging out with my family and friends. I also let my mom look over each chapters before I posted them for checking any mistakes. I hope y'all had a great Easter last week. Fun Fact: This book is over year old. Wow, right? Anyway, without further ado, enjoy a long chapter!

Third Person POV

In the morning, people are still looking for Mirabel and (Y/n) from the distance.

"Mirabel! (Y/n)!" Luisa calling out from the distance.

"(Y/n)! Mirabel!" (S/n) shouted from the distance.

The three kids from town looked worried.

"They haven't found them yet?" The girl asked to her friends as they shaked their heads, no.

Julieta, Agustín, (F/n), and (M/n) are searching for Mirabel and (Y/n), as well as Félix and Dolores.

"Mirabel?" Agustín cupped his mouth to call out.

"(Y/n)?" (F/n) bellowed.

"Girls?" Julieta and (M/n) shouted.

"Mirabel? (Y/n)?" Félix yelled as Dolores holds her ear out if she can hear the girls, but no luck.

A piece of pink string from Mirabel's dress stuck on a thorn of the plant. The footsteps arroached and the two shadows walked the path and stopped as they saw a string.

...

At the rockbottom down near the river, (Y/n) put her sprained left ankle in the river to heal as she sits down for a few minutes. Then she heard the sniffles. She turn to see Mirabel crying with her knees up to her chest and her head buried in her arms. (Y/n) carefully sits up and walked to Mirabel and sit next to her as she puts her left arm around Mirabel for comfort. (Y/n) sniffs a little as her few tears came down from her face.

"Mirabel."

"(Y/n)."

The two voices revealed Abuela Alma and Abuela (Gm/n).

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to...hurt us. I just wanted to...to be something I'm not." Mirabel sniffled.

"And I'm sorry, too. I-I wanted to help Mirabel t-to save...our families...and our home." (Y/n) whimpered.

The girls started to cry together. Abuela Alma and Abuela (Gm/n) looked at each other.

"It's time to tell them what happened, Alma." Abuela (Gm/n) whispered grimly to Abuela Alma. Abuela Alma hestitated. She looks at the river and turn back to Abuela (Gm/n) with a nod. They sit by Mirabel and (Y/n). They look at the river.

"We've never been able to...come back here. This river...is where we were given our miracle." Abuela Alma said.

"And where our new life started." Abuela (Gm/n) added.

They girls looked up to the elders.

"Where Abuelo Pedro..." Mirabel started

"And Abuelo (Gp/n)..." (Y/n) added.

"We thought we would have a different life." (Gm/n) said.

"And we thought we would be a different women." Abuela Alma said.

Young Abuela Alma and young Abuela (Gm/n) walking to the town for a holiday candle festival. They grabs two candles each and hops on the lamp post each side to see the festivities from the crowd. The two butterflies, the golden yellow one and (F/c) one flies pass the young women and they followed them and see two young men named Pedro and (Gp/n) standing each side of the another lamp post as well. They noticed the two women and smile. Abuelo Pedro waved at Abuela Alma while Abuelo (Gp/n) waved at Abuela (Gm/n). The two women smiles back and waved at them back. Alma almost lost her balance but (Gm/n) caught her and helps her up and the four laughed.