thirty two.

Six years ago.

Hushed whispers followed Yoongi through the hall as he exited Jungkook's room, igniting in his wake as he trailed through the den. He didn't hide from them, taking a moment to send a sharp glare in the direction of anyone who so much as gave him a sideways glance. They didn't have to be within earshot for him to know what they were saying.

"... Jungkook's best friend..."

"Did you hear what he did?..."

"... bet he'll get thrown out..."

"... psycho..."

Yoongi blocked them all out as he quickened his pace through the hallways, searching for one door in particular.

However, when Yoongi reached the threshold he paused, hesitating at the scene already unfolding.

The General looked up from where Ten knelt on the floor, the assassin's hands curled in fists as he kept his gaze glued to the floor. "Yoongi," the boss said calmly. "Come in. I believe I already know what you've come here to say."

Ten's head whipped up at the sound of Yoongi's name, his bruised lips curling into a snarl as he faced the General. "You're going to let him in here? Hasn't he and his little boyfriend already done enough?"

The General's face darkened. "That's enough." His eyes held that cold look as he stooped to the ground beside his right hand. "I've had quite enough of your disobedience. Don't make me have to take action against you." Returning his gaze to Yoongi, the General resumed a more open expression. "Now, what is it?"

Yoongi stood taller. "Don't punish Jungkook."

Ten shot to his feet immediately at that, incredulity written across his face. "Don't punish him? Look at what that little brat did to my face! He deserves to be put in his place."

The boss shot his right hand a dark glare that had the other man shutting up almost immediately. "Why should I punish him? Did he not do what I told him to?"

"He's a fucking-" Ten started, but Yoongi cut him off, roughly grabbing him by the collar.

"Finish that sentence," Yoongi growled. "I dare you."

"Yoongi."

At the warning beneath the General's words, Yoongi let go of Ten, shoving the other boy backward like he was disgusted to be anywhere near him. "Fine." Without another word, he turned and stormed from the room.

"Do you see that?" Ten's shouts echoed down the corridor. "Who does he think he is?"

A small smirk curved Yoongi's lips as he made his way down the corridor.

It shifted to an easy smile the second he spotted a familiar figure rounding the corner.

"Mark!" he called, falling into step with the other boy. "Where did you disappear off to?"

"I could ask you the same thing. How is Jungkook? He's not hurt badly, is he? Did the General say anything about him? People have been saying they think he'll get kicked out?"

Yoongi sighed, sliding his hands into his pockets. "He's fine. A little bruised, but he'll heal. I think he's a little shaken. I just spoke to the General, actually, and it looks like nothing bad will happen to him."

Mark's expression grew dark. "Ten's not going to like that."

"I know," Yoongi muttered helplessly. "But I don't know what else to do."