one.

Jeon Jungkook was having a bad day.

It had started off with his best friend Hoseok practically jumping on top of him at 3:45 in the morning to tell him that his right hand Jimin had been poisoned by their rival gang. And now it was ending with him having to seal a very important deal with big-name clients without his fiercest member beside him.

"Fifteen million," Jiho said as he closed the case containing the goods it had taken Jungkook five months to secure.

His head snapped toward the client. "No," he said sharply. "We agreed on eighty."

Jiho gave him a tight, condescending smile that had Jungkook's hands curling into fists. If only Jimin were here to silence his cocky insults with a deadly glare and menacing flash of his guns.

"We agreed on eighty," the man drawled, emphasizing the past tense. "Unfortunately, that was back when you said it would only take you two months to obtain. And you were the most feared gang on the streets."

Jungkook was having a hard time reigning in his anger. Who did this little shit think he was? "We still are," he gritted out between clenched teeth.

"You are a joke. The Cobras should have never been able to stick one of you, let alone your best." Jiho's eyes narrowed before he smoothed out his expression into one of careful placidity. "However, I'm still willing to strike a deal with you. So let's say fifteen million and call it a night."

"No."

"Come on, boy, don't make this hard." Jungkook hated the sympathetic, pitying look on the other man's face. "Just take the money and go."

"No."

Jiho was getting irritated now. "You're going to run your damn group into the dirt if you keep this up."

"I'm going to make us royalty," Jungkook spat out. "We agreed on eighty million and unless that's what's in the fat stack you're going to give me, you're not going to get your fucking drugs. Have a great time being stone-cold sober. See if I give a flying shit."

At his side, Hoseok's lips twitched upward. When it came to Jungkook snapping insults, he was forever amused.

A vein nearly popped in Jiho's face. "Forty," he said tersely.

"Sixty-five," Jungkook pressed. He was not walking away empty-handed. He was getting his damn money if it was the last thing he did. Here lies Jeon Jungkook, his headstone would read. He died doing what he loved - bathing in massive stacks of cash.

"Fifty," Jiho countered begrudgingly.

"Deal."

They shook on it and Jungkook couldn't stop the familiar twinge of satisfaction from pounding through his bloodstream when Hoseok exchanged the case of drugs he'd busted his ass to gather for the thick wad of cash that was the answer to his prayers. He could smell the metallic scent of money in his sleep.

Jungkook waited for Hoseok to finish counting the bills in his hand to test Jiho's honor before offering the other man a reserved smile. It was more than the prick deserved from him but Jungkook was in a good mood now that he was fifty million won richer.

"Pleasure doing business with you," Jungkook cooed as he slipped the money Hoseok handed him into his pocket.

Jiho said nothing as he turned away, the case clutched firmly in his hand. Little did he know that as he was walking away, Jungkook was adding his name to a list. It was a list he'd been cultivating for years, ever since he rose to this position of power. It was a list he wasn't likely to forget any time soon.

And one no one would ever be making it off of alive.

"Score!" Hoseok breathed, eyeing the pocket the bills disappeared into as they turned to head back to the den. His straight white teeth were exposed in a crooked grin. "You really showed him. For a second there I thought we were about to lose it."

For a second there so did I, thought Jungkook bitterly. Not for the first time, he wished it was Jimin he'd brought with him. The other boy, nicknamed Reaper, had amassed quite the reputation for himself and most of the time all it took was one carefully placed scowl for any businessman to give in. But sadly he was still recovering from the effects of the poison.

Jungkook ground his teeth together. Those Cobras were going to pay. Not only had they attacked one of his men, but they had made his whole gang seem weak. If there was one thing Jungkook hated it was being weak.

The Vice had no weaknesses. Only an axe to grind.

The list sat heavily in the back of his mind. Maybe it was time to start crossing off some names.

"You have that look on your face again." Hoseok's voice broke the silence, drawing Jungkook's thoughts away from the schemes already spinning together in his head.

"What face?"

"The 'I'm planning on destroying someone's life' look."

Jungkook smiled wryly. "That's me. 'Destroying lives, one person at a time'."

"Wow, Jungkook, look at you," Hoseok said, pretending to be shocked. "You made a funny."

"You won't think I'm very funny once I put my foot up your dumb ass."

"Maybe that'll teach you some tricks on how to get the stick out of yours."

Hoseok was the only person that was allowed to say such things to Jungkook. He was also the only one that dared to. If Jungkook was being honest, he enjoyed it. It was a reminder that he wasn't an unfeeling monster. He was still human.

Sometimes he needed those reminders.