forty.

Jimin woke up with adrenaline already racing through his veins, scrambling to push himself into a sitting position, but a sharp pain in his head made him wince, his arms giving out beneath him. Immediately, there was a hand shooting out to cradle his head carefully, lowering him back down to the pillows.

"Rest," a low voice murmured.

Jimin knew he should've argued, should've brushed aside the touch, should've fought his way to Taehyung. But he was so tired and the hand was so warm, so gentle as it smoothed back the hair from his face and tugged the blankets back up to Jimin's chin. Jimin let out a soft sigh as the hand drifted down to cup his cheek, leaning into it slightly, and letting himself drift back into unconsciousness.

The next time Jimin woke, he was aware of the arm he'd been using as a pillow, looking up to see Yoongi lying beside him, chin propped up on his free hand and nodding off. For a moment, Jimin allowed himself to just look at him.

He had to admit, he was rather beautiful. Although he could tell that he was exhausted, dark bags under his eyes.

Just as Jimin's gaze fell on his lips, Yoongi's eyes opened. Jimin blushed furiously, immediately looking away, but Yoongi had already seen him.

Thankfully, he didn't mention it. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," he muttered.

Yoongi reached out a brought a hand up to lightly touch the cut in Jimin's lower lip. He was gentle, but it was enough pressure for Jimin to wince slightly. "You've been out for nearly three days."

Jimin panicked, attempting to throw back the covers and swing his legs around to the floor as his anxious thoughts spilled from his mouth. "What? What about the Purgatory? Taehyung? I've already been gone long enough-"

Yoongi's hand caught his wrist, holding him on the bed. "Jimin. You're in no state to be running off just yet. You should eat something, drink some water. Do you want a bath?"

Jimin blushed again, trying to shake off Yoongi's hand. "Yoongi, please, just-"

"Taehyung is here," the other boss blurted out suddenly. "When you passed out, he insisted on staying here as long as you did. I gave him a room next to yours. I also had Taehyung send a message with one of my soldiers to the Purgatory."

Jimin froze. "Taehyung's here?"

Yoongi nodded. But there was a little hesitation in his expression as he added, "Although he... hasn't wanted to see you."

Jimin felt a little sick. "He... He knows. They all know."

Yoongi looked away. "I'm sorry. But I... I hope you can understand why I did what I did."

"Yoongi, you gave up a third of your territory for me." Jimin shook his head quickly, feeling the hot sting of tears entering his gaze. "You didn't have to do that. Really. I'm not worth that." He didn't want to look at the older boy, afraid of his reaction. Like it or not, Yoongi was now the only person at his side and he wasn't sure how he'd handle his rejection.

To his surprise, Yoongi slipped a finger beneath his chin and kissed Jimin suddenly, gentle so as to not anger the wound on his lips. Jimin felt a tear slide down his cheek as he found himself kissing him back, slipping his arms around Yoongi's neck while Yoongi shifted closer.

"It's not like you haven't sacrificed things for me," he murmured against Jimin's lips. "I'm sorry. For making you choose between your loyalty to your gang and me."

Jimin flinched at the reminder. He pulled out of Yoongi's arms slightly, letting out a noise of frustration as he raked a hand through his hair. "I just fucking hate this," he expressed exasperatedly. "I know the right choice and yet, I always find myself back in this shit with you."