seven.

Yoongi was feeling on top of the world.

The cases he had just traded for seventy five million had taken him longer than usual to score, but it was also his best haul yet. And in addition to the cash currently secured at his den, he was minutes away from meeting a new, big-money client.

Today was his day.

If only Jungkook were here so he could rub it in his face.

"You're in a good mood," Jin observed from where he was now perched on Namjoon's lap.

Yoongi flashed him a rare smile. "Why shouldn't I be?"

Namjoon shrugged, leaning back against the alley wall, adjusting his grip around Jin's waist. He seemed to only be half paying attention, the majority of his focus set aside for the boy balanced on his lap. "Usually you're off brooding. We don't know what to do with happy Yoongi."

Scowling, he turned away from his soldiers, blocking them out. So what if today he was in an uncharacteristically good mood? Didn't that just speak to the unbelievable heaps of shit he'd been dealing with for the past few years? Jungkook had everything Yoongi had ever wanted. That's the way it had always been. But now... Now things would finally change.

Jin jumped to attention at the scuttle of loose pebbles skidding over asphalt, his hand flying to the large knife he kept strapped to his side at all times. A lock of dark hair fell in front of his eyes but he made no move to brush it away, focused intensely on the approaching figure.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Jungkook demanded harshly, coming to a stop a good distance away from the other group. His midnight eyes glittered dangerously as they locked with Yoongi's.

"If you must know, I have business here," Yoongi threw back sharply. His fingers slipped around the trigger of the gun stashed in his belt. The metal sang to him, urging him to release the tension building up in it. One shot was all it would take to silence Jungkook once and for all.

At Jungkook's side, the silver-haired boy - Reaper - shifted uneasily, casting a sideways glance at his leader. Yoongi had to admit he was rather beautiful, despite the fact that he was working with the person he hated the most in the world.

"So do we," he said. His high voice came out sounding more intimidating than the worried look in his eyes.

"Well, we were here first," Jin snapped. He pulled himself up to his full height, daring someone to challenge him.

The boy with the bright face, nicknamed Roulette, simply rolled his eyes.

"We can always remove you," Jungkook said with a wicked grin. The hesitation Yoongi had picked up on the last time they'd met was gone. Whatever had happened between now and then, he had erased every doubt from his mind.

Yoongi offered a Chesire cat smile in return. Two could play at this game. "Bring it, Vice. I'm not afraid of a little boy."

A muscle feathered in Jungkook's jaw at his offhanded dismissal but he kept his cool. This wasn't the first time Yoongi had prodded for his weaknesses and it certainly wouldn't be the last. But this was his turn to strike and he wasn't about to pass it up. He'd had enough of the elder's constant competition. If it were up to Jungkook, this rivalry wouldn't even exist.

The slender boy half-hidden behind Jungkook stretched a hand out to touch the boss's shoulder. Yoongi watched closely as the fire in Jungkook's eyes dimmed slightly as he turned to face the boy.

Jungkook was expecting Tae to tug on his shirt and suggest that they just return back to the den. He certainly didn't expect him to gently brush past him, stepping up to Yoongi with serene confidence. His sightless eyes focused on the Arsonist with uncanny accuracy and when he spoke, it was deadly quiet.  "Maybe you should be."