four.

"I fucking hate that guy," Jimin muttered as they made their way through the maze-like hallways of the den.

Hoseok nodded his agreement. "What a dick. And not the good kind."

Jimin gave him a reluctant smile, rolling his eyes. "You horny asshole."

Jungkook hadn't said a word since Taehyung had slumped off. His mood swung aggressively back and forth between violent rage and overwhelming sympathy. How dare Yoongi say such things about Taehyung? Taehyung, of all people. Sweet, kind-hearted, innocent Taehyung who nearly burst into tears every time someone killed a spider.

"Jungkook."

That was Jimin's voice, drawing him out of his head and back to the present. "Hmm?" Jungkook said, not paying attention.

"I asked about how we're going to wipe those fucking Cobras off the face of the earth."

Jungkook's hands curled into fists at just the mention of his arch-nemesis. Even after all these years, Jungkook's hatred toward Yoongi hadn't lessened. Just as Yoongi's desire to best Jungkook hadn't faded. When it came to the two of them, they did have one thing in common - they never let things go.

"Jimin, you of all people know you can't rush a good revenge plan," Jungkook replied easily, a half-smirk curving the edge of his mouth at just the thought of all the things he'd do to Yoongi once he got his hands on him. "All in good time."

Now it was Jimin's turn to smile. Although he didn't enjoy violence nearly as much as Jungkook did, he made exceptions when it came to protecting his friends. There was no hesitation to attack those who had wronged the ones he loved.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow at the two of them, pushing out a low sigh. "Oh, you two are so messed up."

"But you love it," Jimin said with a grin.

"Sadly, I do."

"Is that a - gasp - confession?" Jimin feigned a dramatic swoon, covering his mouth. "Hoseok, I know I said I wanted your help with my hand-to-hand skills, but I didn't mean I had a crush on you."

Hoseok scowled. "I take it back, I actually hate you. And just for that, I won't help you anymore."

"Wait, Hoseok! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it! Wait, does this mean you really won't help me? Hoseok!"

Jimin continued chasing Hoseok down the corridor, calling after him, but Jungkook had stopped listening. His smile slipped as he paused by Taehyung's door.

Jungkook frowned as he stared at the closed door. When he'd first brought Taehyung to the den, the older boy had wanted to be in the middle of everything so he would always know that there was someone there. Even with Jungkook's room in a separate wing across the hallway from him and Hoseok down the hall - Jimin preferred to be in the room furthest away from everyone because he claimed that he couldn't sleep with all the racket - Taehyung still felt alone.

In his world full of darkness, he was always alone.

Jungkook hesitantly pushed open Taehyung's door and slid inside. The look on Taehyung's face in the alley played on repeat in front of his eyes. He knew he never wanted to see that look ever again but he wasn't sure what he could do to ease his pain. Jungkook was a mafia boss. He wasn't a fucking therapist.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook asked tentatively.

The other boy was curled up on his side on his bed, facing away from the door. He didn't bother to pick up his head. What was the point anyway? It wouldn't change the fact that he couldn't see Jungkook.

"Go away, I'm asleep," Taehyung muttered half-heartedly.

"Tae," Jungkook said again, sitting down on the edge of his bed. He reached out a hand as if to touch him but thought better of it and let it drop. "I... What can I do?"