28. A Prisoner

Oliver woke up with a severe headache. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, pained by the sunlight streaming in.

"Fuck." He murmured. "I haven't drank like that since the victory at Clyn Rock."

He was on his back and moved to sit up but realized many things were wrong. Primarily, he was lying in bed with someone's arm draped over his stomach.

His body suddenly surged with adrenaline and every muscle tensed. He twisted his body and used his speed to straddle the waist of the other man. His hand gripped around the man's neck, and he glared down.

"You dare to ambush me?" He snarled.

He froze when Draco's red eyes opened in confusion. Oliver gasped and threw himself off Draco, falling heavily on the floor.

"Fuck." He exclaimed in pain.

Draco groggily sat up and rubbed his throat. "Interesting wake-up call."

Oliver covered his face with his hands. "I'm sorry, Draco. This..." 

He didn't know how to explain himself. How could he tell someone that he had lived through so many ambushes that when he wakes up with another person, he automatically thinks he's being attacked?

Draco chuckled and reached down to help him up. "Are you okay?" 

Oliver nodded but flushed when he realized he was only in his underwear. He blanched. "My clothes?"

Draco grinned, flashing his fangs briefly. "You complained you were hot last night." He stood up, revealing that he was wearing the same as Oliver. "Apparently, I was too."

Oliver hastily grabbed a shirt from the floor and pulled it over his head, but he inadvertently took Draco's. The shirt overwhelmed him, falling to his thighs, and the collar was large enough to slip off his shoulder and expose his collarbone.

Oliver panicked and started to pull the shirt back off, but Draco grabbed the hem and stopped him.

"It's fine," Draco said, but his voice was tight. His eyes darkened as he looked Oliver up and down.

Oliver turned his face away, letting his disheveled hair drape over his shoulder. He flinched when a low growl rumbled from Draco. When Draco's warm hand brushed the hair back, Oliver's bare shoulder was revealed again. He left his hand wrapped behind Oliver's neck and stared at him intently, his eyes flicking to his lips occasionally. Oliver felt his skin prickle and heat rush through him.

"What are you doing?" He asked quietly.

Draco faltered but didn't pull away his hand. "Following my instincts."

Oliver's face brightened as he chuckled. This young dragon was quite interesting. He seemed to have no hesitations and jumped headlong into any scenario he wanted. 

They were both jolted by a knock on the door. "Oli, it's Sarah. Are you awake?"

Oliver looked back toward the sound. "I am."

"Sampson is requesting an audience with you." She said through the door.

Oliver was surprised when he heard this.  Sampson was the dog of Piers, who was sent to kill him with Max and Morris. "He's still alive?"

"You haven't ordered his death yet."

Oliver sighed.  "I will be there shortly.  One moment."

He gave Draco an apologetic look as he left for the closet and changed into casual clothes.

Draco had already pulled on his pants and shoes when he came out. Oliver handed him his shirt with a slight blush.

"It looked better on you," Draco murmured.