62. War

Horns and drums greeted the rising sun, chasing away the storm that raged through the plains. 

The opposing army marched in a uniform formation with shields up front and many riding packs of Cinderwolves. Oliver's eyes swept the opposing army, looking for traces of his men, and sighed when he only saw a few. They created the spectacle with the Taotie Orbs to give them a chance to escape. That was all he could provide them with, a single chance. He had no idea if it was for their benefit or their doom. 

The Bierzens, however, did not make up for a fraction of the Ravager army. What was once five legions had more than doubled, and Oliver's army had now dwarfed in size. 

How many Ravagers hid in the Asksno caves?

Quincey stepped to the other side of Oliver. "I believe you grossly underestimated their size, General." He jested.

"Fuck off," Oliver grumbled. "Nothing changes. At least facing a larger army is something we're used to."

He turned toward Draco. "Do you think they saw your dragon form?"

Draco shook his head as he was pulling on new armor. "I doubt it. I couldn't even see them when I had the vantage point in the sky. But we should act as they did."

They both knew that Yonsu was aware that Draco could shapeshift, but he didn't know how large or powerful he was. They hoped to keep it a secret for the time being.

Oliver and the others stood in the center of the field as both armies approached. 

Yonsu rode toward them with several large Ravagers on stallions. He smirked, causing his new scars to distort his face. "Have a rough night, Lord Kardos?"

Oliver smiled. "What do you mean? We had a barbecue, and it was delicious. How was the other night for you?"

Yonsu's confidence shook a little. "I always thought you hated deserters, yet you encouraged so many of your fellow countrymen to flee."

"I encouraged victims of your tyranny to liberate themselves. There is no shame in rejecting an oppressor." Oliver chuckled. 

"I will hunt them all down and kill them. You did nothing but delay their deaths for a few days."

"It won't matter, considering you will be dead shortly," Draco chuckled.

Yonsu glared and then waved his arm behind him. "As you can see, my army surpasses yours."

However, this statement made the men laugh. Oliver and Quincey had faced worse odds before.

"Laugh now, but my army will show you the meaning of despair," Yonsu huffed and turned his men away. 

Oliver watched them carefully, examining their army and line formations.

He then looked at the men waiting for him to give them orders: Draco, Quincey, Gallio, Savvi, Antony, Imran, and Aris. There was never a more incredible team with him before. 

"I need infantry in the center, cavalry on the rear flanks. Quincey, our main force must be strong. We must collapse their center." He turned to Savvi. "You need to partner with him and direct our melee attacks."

They both saluted and took off to lead their troops.

"Aris, I need you to support our rear and long-range attacks. Archers and whatever magicians we have." He bowed and left with the others.

"Antony and Imran, you will lead the cavalry and watch our enemy's wings. Attack when you see fit. I trust your instincts," He ordered. The two men left to follow his orders.