51. Reunited

Oliver had been beaten, whipped, cut, and starved for seven days. But the true torture was being without Draco. But now that tormenting week had come to a close, Draco was in front of him. Oliver didn't pay attention to the guards, who reluctantly dropped their swords, or how a few Rucrean soldiers had surrounded the two of them in a defensive position. 

He could only pay attention to the man holding him.

There was yelling and screaming around them, but the Rucrean soldiers didn't let anyone through. Oliver and Draco could have their reunion without someone attacking them.

Oliver looked up to see the tightness and anger plastered on Draco's face. Draco was ready to tear the place down.

"Have you come to visit this old ghost?" Oliver asked with a playful grin.

Draco's muscles relaxed a little when he heard Oliver's voice. "Not visit. I have come to take you home. I'm not leaving here without you."

Oliver hummed happily. "Sounds good."

He loosened his grip on Oliver and took in his appearance. Draco's eyes trembled, and he seemed torn between tearing the place apart or cleaning up his wounds. 

Oliver seemed a little embarrassed by his appearance. "That bad?" His blush would be evident if his face weren't bruised or covered in blood. "Someone told me I looked like shit, but I didn't think it would be bad enough to leave you speechless."

Draco took a deep breath and gave Oliver a distressed look. "All I see is how handsome you are."

Oliver scoffed. "Bullshit. You're about to level Bierze. Be honest."

Draco closed his eyes, hiding the turbulent emotions. "You look about the same as the Battle of Sand Waters."

Oliver felt his blood run cold. He hadn't had time to look at his reflection, but as his eyes swept the room, no one could recognize him. 

The Battle of Sand Waters was terrible, but not because of the enemy army. It was in the heart of the Sand Desert of Osmela. His army was unlucky because they happened to come across the nest of a sand drake. Oliver had to divert the drake's attention away from the army and fend it off himself. He quickly called for his army to retreat. He had no way to lead them and fight the drake simultaneously. He had to call upon the young Quincey to direct the retreat and fall back.

The drake quickly tired of him and when to chase after his men, so Oliver had to distract it by attacking one of its eggs. The shell of the eggs was like steel, and he had no way to break it, but the intention was enough to enrage the drake.

Oliver had suffered many injuries from the drake, but he was careless for one moment, and the drake's claws cut into his face. It was at that time that Draco joined the fray. Oliver had assumed he was worried that the drake would follow his men. No matter the reason, he was relieved that Draco had stepped in because it saved his life.

Oliver lifted his hand and touched the left side of his face, terrified he would feel the old scar from his previous life. "Draco... you realize I lost half of my face in that battle, right?"

Draco took a handkerchief from his pocket and gently wiped away the blood from his face. "Even your scars are handsome."

Oliver laughed but hissed when he felt the pain in his ribs. 

A growl vibrated through Draco, and his lips curled into a snarl, exposing his long fangs. He then reached out and pulled the collar of Oliver's shirt to the side to look at the burn on his shoulder that tried to obscure his bite mark.

"This—"

"Is already healing." Oliver stopped his words. "These wounds are superficial.

Draco's hand touched the steel choker around Oliver's neck, and his jaw clenched. Black scales started covering Draco's hand like a glove, and his nails extended into claws. He hooked a claw under the choker and cut through it easily. It cracked open and fell heavily to the ground. He wrapped a hand around the back of Oliver's neck and gently brushed along the wounds and bruises caused by being collared and leashed. He then did the same to his wrists, tearing the iron away like it was paper.