34. A Wyvern

Although the cavern had fallen silent, there was the tension knowing that something was hiding in the depths of darkness, just beyond the waters. Oliver knew that whatever the creature was, it would not come down the cave to his men. The path was practically untouched, evident that nothing had passed through for a long time. 

But the beast must be an apex predator because no other animal would dare enter the cave because of its looming presence. 

Still wrapped in Draco's arms in the water, Oliver nuzzled against him. "We should head back."

Draco groaned. "Do we have to?"

"I'm sure my men heard that creature and you. They should be on their way here."

On cue, the sound of hurried footsteps reached their ears.

"We're fine," Oliver called out before they turned the corner and entered the cavern. He heard their steps falter. "Go back, and we'll meet you shortly."

"Boss, are you sure?" A soldier asked.

"I'm sure. Go back."

They waited until the footsteps receded, and they exited the pool. Suddenly, Oliver paled. "Do you think they heard?"

Draco chuckled and leaned down, grazing his lips against Oliver's ear. "A little late to worry about that now."

Oliver tried to pull away to gather his clothes, now acutely aware of his nakedness. But Draco pulled him close, refusing to allow him to escape. "Don't worry, my Ghost. You were frustratingly modest with your sounds."

"Frustrating?" Oliver whispered his question.

Draco smirked. "When I have you alone, I'll make sure you don't hold back."

Oliver flushed and pushed him away. "Shameless dragon," he murmured as he gathered his clothes.

"Says the shameless ghost who lured me into the water in the first place." Draco quipped back, drawing a chuckle from Oliver. 

They dressed leisurely, stealing glances at each other. When Oliver was dressed, Draco took his cape off the ground and wrapped it around his shoulders. 

He adjusted it and then cupped Oliver's cheeks. His amusement had turned to pure concern. "Be honest with me. Are you alright?"

Oliver smiled warmly. "I'm more than alright. You're quite the attentive lover."

Draco's eyes widened, and he started to stammer. "Not that... I mean, I'm glad.. but not that." He rubbed his eyes and whispered a curse. "I wanted to make sure I didn't frighten you."

Draco seemed ashamed of almost shifting. But Oliver was unperturbed. He kissed Draco's lips lightly. "You are the last thing that will frighten me. That includes the dragon that is a part of you."

Draco's eyes warmed, and he fiercely kissed Oliver back.

When sated, they walked back to the group, their fingers intertwined. 

The soldiers were about to ask about the roars they heard but paused when they saw how Oliver and Draco were holding hands.  

"Gods be damned," Ian groaned.

Oliver raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"I owe Sarah some coin," Ian said bitterly. The other soldier grumbled alongside him. 

"Why?" Oliver asked with pursed lips.

"She's the only one who betted that you two were already together. If you waited a damn week, I would have won the pot."