The Boys In the Iceberg

https://picrew.me/image_maker/487820

Link to the Picrew I used for the OC. (Hair is cut more like Aang's at the beginning of book 3.)

Five men in yellow robes bow before the Earth King.

"King Milan," one begins.

"Monk Pasang," the king returns. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

The monk who spoke stands tall. "We received word from Queen Tola that your daughter, Princess Hera, has acquired the ability to waterbend?"

The Earth King raises an eyebrow, casting his wife a furious side-eye. The woman pays no mind to her husband as she cradles her two-month-old baby in her arms. "The Queen told you this, did she?"

A different monk nods. "Yes, Your Highness. With all due respect, this reincarnation of the Avatar is an airbender. We were hoping to see your daughter's bending, to determine whether she is, in fact, the boy's Advisor."

King Milan presses two fingers to his temples in an attempt to soothe the oncoming headache. "If you must."

He turns to stare down at a servant. "Boy, bring Princess Hera here."

The boy scurries off, returning with an abnormally tall four-year-old a few minutes later.

As she approaches the adults, she whispers loudly to the boy leading her. "Why are those funny men here, Mister Poleng?"

The servant smiles kindly as he stops her next to her father. "They're here to talk to you, Princess."

"Princess Hera, it is an honor to meet you."

The girl shrinks away from the five monks in front of her. "Th-thank you."

One man takes note of her hesitance and turns to the king. "May I approach her, Your Majesty?"

The man waves dismissively. "I care not so long as you do not hurt her."

The monk bows deeply before moving to stand in front of the toddler. "Hello, Princess," he smiles. "My name is Gyatso."

The girl returns his smile easily. "Your eyes are happy," she giggles.

Monk Gyatso hums, his smile reaching up to crease his eyes together. "Well, I'm certainly glad to hear that. Princess, I've heard that you can bend two elements. Would you be so kind as to show me?"

Hera glances up at her father for approval.

The king nods curtly.

The toddler turns back to the monk in front of her and smiles proudly. "Watch what I can do, Mister Gyatso!"

The girl steps back and raises a fist. As she does this, a massive chunk of rock lifts from the ground next to her. She strains to pull water from a nearby vase but manages to do so nonetheless.

The five monks' eyes widen in surprise as the two elements mix to form a giant orb of mud. The princess giggles as the elements solidify. She lets it plop to the ground with a 'thud' before turning to face the visiting men.

Monk Gyatso is the first to shake out of his shocked state. He offers a kind smile to the toddler before lifting his head to face her father. "King Milan, your daughter is certainly the Advisor. If you'll allow it, I'd like to oversee her training - when the time comes, of course."

The earthbender runs a hand down his face as he contemplates the request. "Yes, very well. So long as you do not interfere with my duties as her king and her father, you may train her as you wish."