Chapter 80

They were on their way to the lake. Alex drove one car while her mom drove the other. Yoongi sat in the front by Alex, napping. She looked in the rear view mirror and saw the others had decided to take a nap as well. She turned on some music and enjoyed the drive.

A few hours later they arrived at the lake house. The guys were coming out of their sleep and piled out of the cars to stretch as they unloaded their bags and the groceries they had brought along with them. Everyone single filed behind one another as they walked up the sidewalk into the house. They looked around as Alex and Sabrina went through the check list left for anyone in the family who stayed at the house. 

The kitchen and a small dining area were sectioned off by the counter then opened up to a wide open living room with vaulted ceilings and windows across the entire back of the house looking out over the lake and dock. Alex came over to show the guys where they would be staying. 

"Downstairs we go gentlemen." They headed down the stairs to the finished lower level. "There are three bedrooms down here with king beds. Someone will have to rough it on an air mattress on the floor." While they picked out their rooms, Alex headed back upstairs to help Sabrina put away the groceries. 

When they were done, they headed downstairs to see if the guys had finished up, "Who wants to go take a look around the dock?"

The guys followed them out the back sliding glass doors then down the sidewalk to the dock. Alex pointed as she rattled off everything there was to choose from, "There are life jackets over here if you want to swim or ride the jet skis. We have the pontoon boat, and tubes in case anyone wants to go tubing. Inside this small closet are the fishing poles and gear. And over here are chairs and a picnic table in case we want to eat out here."

"This is awesome, I want to do everything!" Jungkook was smiling from ear to ear. 

Alex laughed, "Whatever you want to do, go for it. Mom will show you if you have any questions about the jet skis, and later tonight if anyone is up for it we can go night fishing."

"That's all me." Jin strutted across the deck to the closet to start pulling out the fishing gear. 

"OK, you guys hang here with mom, I have a quick errand to run." Alex waved as she left.

Yoongi watched her leave then turned to Sabrina, "Where is she off to?"

Sabrina shrugged her shoulders, "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

A little bit later Alex returned with bags in her hand and a huge smile on her face. "Gentlemen, if you'll please follow me upstairs, you have a debt to pay." She turned without waiting for any of them and went inside the house.

The guys all looked at each other and shrugged, then headed inside. Upstairs Alex was waiting for them in the living room. She handed each of them one of the bags she carried, "These are for your performance. You can go change in the master then come back out here. I'll be on the deck waiting."

Alex grabbed the camera and tripod, then went out to the deck to set up. One by one the guys started filing onto the deck. Sabrina had joined Alex out there, and they both proceeded to cover their mouths with their hands so the guys couldn't see them laughing.

"Was this really necessary?" Yoongi looked down at himself and then at the guys.

Alex nodded her head, "Yes it absolutely was. Now, I'm going to play the song for you while you get the rhythm down then you can start the V Live for ARMY." Alex snuck her phone out of her back pocket and snapped a picture of the guys before they could protest. Each of them was wearing a bright green grass skirt over their shorts and a lei crown on their heads. 

She watched as the guys coordinated a few simple moves then turned to her with frowns on their faces, "We're ready."

She clapped her hands and jumped out of her chair to start the camera. They went live and the guys greeted ARMY while they waited for the numbers to climb. Jin bowed to the camera, "ARMY, we have a special performance for you today. Sadly, we lost a bet. So, here we are in front of you like this. We hope you enjoy the show."

Alex started the music and the guys began to sway their hips back and forth. Alex watched the comments and numbers go crazy. The song started to pick up tempo and then the drums increased their speed, causing the guys' moves to become faster and more frantic. Alex and Sabrina were silently laughing behind the camera. When the song ended, the guys took a bow then wished ARMY a good night and logged off.

The girls applauded them, "Gentlemen, I have to say, you all can really move those hips! Yoongi, you were really into it." Alex couldn't stop the smirk from coming.

He stuck his tongue out at her, "Yeah, yeah, whatever." He walked over to Alex and put his lei crown on her head. "Next time you try to trick us into something like this, we'll be ready." He chucked his finger under her chin then went inside with the rest of the guys to change. 

________

That evening after they had eaten and cleaned up the kitchen, Jin, Sabrina, RM, and Jungkook went down to the dock to do some night fishing. Jin was ecstatic over the glow in the dark bobbers they used so they could see when a fish was on the hook in the dark. 

Yoongi had gone up to sit on the patio and work on his music while they fished. Alex sat next to him enjoying the night air, while the others laughed and talked in the distance on the dock. Yoongi looked over at her. She was looking out over the water smiling. "You look peaceful."

She turned to him, "I am. I love the water. Ocean water, lake water, river water, it doesn't matter. I'm always happiest around water. I'm not sure why, it's just been like that since I was a kid. It makes it even better that I'm here with you."

Yoongi smiled at her then went back to his work. He felt pretty relaxed himself. Being outside with Alex, enjoying their vacation, and getting to do whatever he wanted suited him. There was no pressure to follow a schedule or rush to be somewhere to perform. Being an idol was a double edged sword. On one hand he loved making their fans happy and making music. On the other hand, he wondered what it would be like to only work for himself, to make his own schedule. He couldn't remember the last time he was his own person. Yet, he wouldn't change it for anything. If he did, he never would have joined BTS and met the six men who would become his family, he might not have traveled the world, or teamed up with international music artists to make music. No, he wouldn't change any of it.

The others had started putting away the fishing gear and were making their way up back to the house. "Did you catch anything?" 

Jin shook his head, "No, but we can always try again tomorrow."

Alex nodded her head, "We have hours of fishing time left in the week. You'll catch something." 

Yoongi grabbed his stuff and followed them inside. He took Alex's hand before she went upstairs, "I'm going to finish up some work down here. It'll probably be late when I get done. I'll see you in the morning." He leaned down and kissed her forehead. She smiled up at him, "Night." She waved to the guys before she headed up stairs, "Night guys!"

Yoongi went and sat at the desk in the downstairs living room, while the guys spread out on their phones or watching tv. Jimin was laying on the floor, "You know, I really like Alex's mom. Her family is awesome. Why do you get all the luck Yoongi? Maybe I should date Alex instead." He grinned then covered his face with his hands when Yoongi grabbed a pillow off the couch and threw it at him. Yoongi shook his head as he sat back down and put his headphones on. 

Long after the guys had gone to bed, Yoongi was still working at the desk. It was a good thing he volunteered to take the air mattress and had set it up on the living room floor. He leaned back in the chair and stretched. When he stopped to think about it, he was lucky. Alex was amazing, and her family had taken him and the rest of the guys in with open arms. He couldn't have imagined being where he is this time last year. It already seemed like another world away compared to all of the changes he had gone through since meeting Alex. Love was funny like that. It changed your perspective, and could make you a better person. He had waited a long time to feel like this. It took having the right person by his side to get him there, and as long as he had a say in it, Alex was sticking by his side for the foreseeable future.