"love advice" - platonic

for context, eddie is gay and steve is bi in this one shot :)

eddie grabbed the bowling ball with his fingers. he walked over to the lane and lined up the ball before releasing it. it travelled down the lane before smashing all the pins down, giving him a perfect strike.

"dude- how do you do that?" steve exclaims from behind him.

"i'm just too good." eddie shrugs as he walks over and sits next to steve on the couch.

"well you're up harrington." eddie pats him on the shoulder, motioning for him to go get a bowling ball.

steve stands up and walks over to grab a ball.

he does a little dance as 'everybody wants to rule the world' by tears for fears plays in the background.

"you like this song?" eddie asks with a light chuckle.

"this song is so good. they play it all the time on the radio." steve replies.

"are you ready for me to beat your ass at bowling-" steve looks back at eddie and realises he's not focusing on him, but looking over at a couple lanes down.

there's a group of people all chatting and having a good time. three girls and two guys.

"hey, bozo." steve cheekily says, trying to get eddie's attention.

eddie looks back over at steve, a nervous look on his face.

"someone got a crush do they?" steve smirks at the metal head.

"what, no. i have no idea what your talking about." eddie looks back over at the group going back into his trance.

steve puts down his bowling ball and sits down next to eddie. he rests his arm on the seat rest behind eddie.

"which one?" steve nudges his arm slightly.

"oh um- the guy in the red." eddie smiles.

"oh yeah, he's cute." steve replies not really bothered.

"what, you don't think he is?" eddie looks over at steve almost shocked by the fact he didn't agree.

"hmm, he's not bad. i personally wouldn't date him but that means he's all yours." steve laughs. eddie rolls his eyes at steve's response.

"go on, go bowl." eddie crosses his arms unimpressed with steve's opinion about his taste in men.

"woah, i was just messing." steve laughs again, making eddie feel more embarrassed than he already was.

steve stands up and grabs the bowling ball, still smiling to himself. he looks back at eddie with a cheeky face.

"go on! hurry up." eddie says, sulking and slouching in his chair causing eddie to laugh.

steve bowls the ball and gets 8/10.

"ha, imagine not getting strike." eddie calls out. steve turns around and flips him off.

he bowls again getting a spare.

"nice work harrington. obviously not as good as me but that's ok." eddie shrugs playfully.

eddie walks up to bowl, grabbing a ball and lining up.

"oi!" steve calls out. the group a couple lanes down looks over at him.

"what this, he's really good." steve points at eddie.

eddie realises that steve's gotten the groups attention and sees the guy in the red shirt looking at him. eddie swears on his life that he is going to kill steve when he's finished.

but he has to ace this bowl. he can't mess up, not with the others eyes on him. he gets ready before releasing the ball sending it straight down the lane.

it hits all the pins knocking them down all at once. the relief that eddie felt once every last one had fallen was indescribable. he looks up and over at the group, they're smiling, but one smile catches his attention.

the smile is bright and wide, which makes eddie smile. he makes eye contact with him before he quickly looking away. eddie walks back over to steve and flips him off. he hears laughs come from the group as he sits back down.

"i fucking hate you, you know that?" eddie punched steve's arm, harder than he probably should have.

"owww, that hurt man," steve complained. "but hey, you should be thanking me, he was totally checking you out." steve taunted.

"pfft- yeah, like that would ever happen." eddie shook his head.

"ok, fine. whatever you say." steve laughed at eddie.

eddie was lucky to have a friend like steve, he really appreciated him. even though he could be a real dick sometimes.

bit of a shorter one but i hope we liked it. this had a little more from eddie's perspective which i liked doing. again totally open to any requests u guys have :)