hideout - fluff

in this one shot steve and eddie aren't offical but they like each other.
also semi spoilers for s4

eddie paced backwards and forwards as he waited for the brunette. he kicked the dirt anxiously, and fiddled with the rings on his fingers.

he was so nervous to see him again. his eyes made his knees wobble and his heart pound. he didn't know where to look on his face because every inch was just so beautiful. he almost physically couldn't take it.

"hey."

the voice startled eddie but he turned around to see the smiley boy in front of him.

"hey." eddie replied, he smiled awkwardly.

they walked up to each other, whispering random things out of utter awkwardness before quickly leaning in and sharing a quick peck. steve's face was bright red, as was eddies. they looked away from each other before looking back into each other's eyes. they couldn't resist. eddie cupped the side of steves face and they lent in for a proper and deep kiss. but before things could escalate, steve pulled away.

"i missed you." steve said, a deep blush on his cheeks.

"you saw me yesterday what are you talking about?" eddie laughed still keeping his hand on steve's cheek.

"well it's hard to not come up and say hi to you in the halls. especially when you're all i can think about." steve looked down at his feet embarrassed by the fact.

"aww, harrington." eddie teased. steve shook off eddie's hand trying to act irritated but he couldn't help but smile.

"don't worry, you're all i can think about." eddie speaks in a hush, running his hand across steve's cheek.

steve looks up at eddie with a big smile on his face.

"i'm sorry that i can't talk to you in public. but i know that both you and i would experience back lash from it." steve apologied.

"hmm i think you'd experience it more than me. i mean people still call me a freak regardless. but i wouldn't want you go through what i have to." eddie says understanding the situation.

"it still sucks though. why are people such assholes?" steve whines.

"just the way the world is. i'm sure things will get better. we'll grow as a society, im sure of it." eddie replied hopefully.

"yeah, you're right."

eddie leant against the wall before sliding down and sitting on the ground. steve joined him on the ground.

eddie leant over and rested his head on steves shoulder before picking up his hand and holding it. steve started to move his finger around in circles on eddie's palm, both sat there quiet and content.

"you listened to that tap i gave you?" eddie asked steve, watching as he played with their fingers.

"i listened to a little bit. i just haven't gotten around to listening to the whole thing." steve replied.

"nice. what's your favourite one so far?" eddie asked steve.

"probably master of puppets. i really like the guitar part." steve looked down at the boy who lay on his shoulder.

"oh really? wasn't expecting that answer." eddie replied smuggly.

"really?" steve chuckled lightly.

"yeah, didn't think you were into metal." eddie sat up and looked at the other, a small smile on his lips.

"i mean i don't usually listen to that kinda stuff but i'm open to any kinda music." he replied.

"well i guess i'll have to play it for you," eddie said. "you never know, maybe one day i'll use it in like a life or death situation and i'll save your ass or some shit." he smiled wildly at the crazy idea.

"pfft- how on earth would you playing 'master of puppets' save my ass?" steve joked.

"hey, you never know." eddie shrugged before laying his head back on steve's shoulder.

before either of them could talk, the bell rung over head. eddie reluctantly got up, giving a hand to steve to help him up.

eddie didn't let go of steve's hand and grabbed his other once he was up. they looked into each other's eyes before leaning in and sharing one last kiss before they parted ways.

"i'll go this way as usual." eddie pointed behind him.

"and i'll go the other way." steve smiled sadly.

before eddie could fully turn steve calls for his attention. he turns around and looks at him again.

"this really sucks." steve frowns.

"yeah, it really does. but it'll get better. just you wait." eddie winked at steve before turning around and walking in through a random door a few metres down.

a bit of a shorter one but i really like it. i hope you liked my "foreshadowing" to season 4 in this. and the struggles of different social status' and homophobia being shown.
thanks again for all the support, we passed 1000 reads which is crazy and i can't thank you all enough <33