bikes - fluff

the house vibrated as the music played throughout it. warm bodies danced up against each other. the floor was sticky of flavoured alcoholic drinks and sweat.

eddie stood in the corner of the kitchen. it was relatively busy in the room but a lot less chaotic than it was out there. it was mainly just people who actually wanted to talk to each other or just people making out. he was leant up against bench. he had a cup in his right hand and his other crossed under his arm.

he didn't mind parties, he mainly only went to them for the atmosphere. he loved how the music would pulse through his body and the feeling of just being around lots of people. he didn't have to know them all but he didn't mind having some friends every once and a while.

that's why he'd invited some tonight. it was a pretty well known party but he still put the invitation out. fortunately they all said yes. however, as the night had gone on, he'd lost them all. they had stayed together for some time but things got crazier and everyone eventually spilt off.

so here he was, on his own in the kitchen drinking some random drink.

"eddie."

he heard his name and looked to the direction of the voice.

"oh hey harrington. you having fun?" eddie asked moving his body to face him.

"hmm, yeah. i was having more fun about an hour ago but i've kinda just been wandering around for a while now. how about you?" steve replied.

"ive been having fun." eddie took a sip of his drink.

"yeah, what'd you do?" steve asked leaning against the counter.

"umm, i've been in here." eddie shrugs. he hadn't really done much, this is just what he always did.

"you've been here the whole time?!" steve asked rather shocked.

"no! i was dancing with you and the other remember?" eddie argued.

"eddie, that was 3 hours ago." steve stated pointing at the watch on his wrist.

"was it really that long ago? damn." eddie says in a fascinated voice, time goes quite fast.

steve scoffs annoyed before he grabbed eddie by the hand and started to pull him out of the kitchen.

"hey, where the fuck are we going?" eddie called.

"to have some fun." steve stated. eddie rolled his eyes annoyed by the others persistence.

steve had taken them so they were standing outside of the house.

"hey bozo, the parties in there." eddie pointed back at the house confused as to why they were outside.

steve had walked down to the front lawn and started looking through the bikes that lay on the grass. eddie walked down the hill so he was standing beside steve.

"now what on earth do you think you're doing?" eddie scoffed with a smile, his hands on his hips.

steve ignored eddies question and kept looking at them all. he finally stopped at two blue bikes. he pulled them out from the line of bikes and placed them either side of him.

"pick one." steve said to eddie.

"steve, what the hell is this-"

"pick one." steve said sternly.

"ok fine, uh that one." eddie pointed to the bike on steve's left.

"sweet. jump on." and with that steve let go of the bike and pulled his bike away before quickly hoping on.

"hey, woah woah. wait for me." eddie said as he fumbled with the bike which now lay sideways on the road. once he finally got it standing he got on and rode after steve.

play everybody wants to rule the world by tears for fears.

"hurry up you slacker." steve called over his shoulder, a laugh running through his words.

"you bitch." eddie laughed as he sped up.

both boys rode through the dark streets of hawkins, the music slowly fading out of earshot. the wind rushed through their hair, the chill of the night nipping at their ears. the street lights giving a low ambient lighting to the streets.

hawkins at night was usually scary but this neighbourhood was one that felt warm and safe. the houses on either side of the road sheltering them from any potential danger.

eddie eventually caught up to steve who had slowed down to let the other catch him.

"you suck, you know that?" eddie laughed, his breath was short as he panted.

"you know you love me." steve smirked looking over at eddie.

"asshole." eddie said. he shuffled across so he was fairly close to steve.

"um, hello there?" steve said awkwardly.

suddenly eddie put his hand on steve's cheek before he gave steve a quick peck. a small smirk was on his lips as he pulled away.

before steve could even react to anything, eddie was on his bike and speeding away from steve.

"oh you wanna play that game? fine! we'll play that game." steve called, a big smile wide across his face. his cheeks were a light shade of pink and his face warm but he sped up.

eddie cheered as he got ahead of the other.

suddenly, a large hill could be seen up ahead. but it wasn't ascending, it was descending. eddie stuck his tongue out as he peddled faster so he could reach the hill before steve.

as the dip came into view, eddie braced himself before he felt his stomach drop. his bike increased in high speeds.

eddie let out a joyous cry. steve rode closely behind him, he watched as eddie smiled. the hair flowing behind him as the wind hit him.

eddie looked back for a second to see steve behind him. he smiled at him, steve returning the smile.

eddie breaked slightly, still going a significant speed but just enough so he could ride beside steve.

they looked at each other with huge grins on their faces.

eddie put his hand out. steve looked down at it for a second, looked back in front of him, before he looked back at eddie. eddie nodded before checking in front as well.

steve confidently grabbed eddies hand, their cold hands being warmed by the other. they looked back in front of them, both of them happy as could be.

bit of a shorter one. the song was just from a vibe perspective and stuff. did we like this orrrrr? thanks again for the support <3

also i have tonsillitis- so that's why i'm sick🤪💅