5

"My Grandma just found out that being gay isn't a bad thing and just came to terms with it. How am I supposed to make her understand that me being asexual is totally cool?"

"Aromantic."

"What?"

"You're an Aro, not an Ace."

"Oh. What's the difference again?"

Marcos sighed as his best and only friend stared at him through his phone screen. "Asexual means you don't exactly feel sexual attraction for anyone while Aromantic means you don't exactly feel romantic attraction to anyone."

"And I'm what, exactly?"

The male put clothes into the washing machine and set it into rinse before replying. "You are Aromantic. You feel sexual attraction but nothing romantic."

"Oh." Ace said as he ran a finger through his hair and relaxed back into his bed. "That actually sucks now that I think of it that way. Can I get married?"

"Of course, you can get married." Marcos replied, chuckling. "But you don't have to. Do you want to?"

Ace stared at the ceiling for a while before saying in a small voice. "I want kids."

"Are we still talking about the same thing? Cause I have a feeling we aren't." Marcos pointed out then sighed as he stared at the time on his watch.

Was A back home yet?

Worse, was he late? He didn't want to be late. As much as he liked punishments, he liked her praises as well.

He liked how she made him feel if he was good.

And Marcos liked being good. Sometimes.

"Just like you're a femboy but you aren't gay?"

Marcos let out a sigh. "Yes. Yes, like that. Wait, what are we even comparing?"

"You sure you aren't gay though?" Ace asked, tilting his head. "Cause you haven't exactly dated anyone to know how you swing."

I have, and it's still being kept a secret because she's protecting me from something, which is just pointless since I just want to be with her and I'm not a Princess who needs to be protected by my dragon 24/7.

Then he paused.

Okay, maybe he was her princess but the protection isn't necessary.

"I like boobies, thank you."

Ace reply was immediate. "You sound sarcastic."

Marcos laughed now. "I'm not having this with you." It was surprising how he couldn't stand anyone trying to tell him what his sexuality was, except Ace.

Perhaps, only because it was someone like him who didn't exactly know what he was talking about half the time.

"My love! Could you come to the counter for me?!"

Marcos perked up, taking out one of his ear pods before he looked back at Ace. "Hey, I have to go. My Mother needs me."

His best friend quickly sat up, his dark hair going over his face. "But we haven't found a way for me to explain to my grandma I'm more attracted to my toaster than a person!"

Marcos laughed again. "I think you should leave the toaster part out. Later."

As soon as he hung up, he let out another sigh and ran a hand through his hair before using a band to hold it in place then walked to the counter. "Mother. You called?"

And as soon as Marcos saw the look face, he regretted coming. She had on a smile that was as bright as the sun and possibly, almost as blinding. He could actually swear on it.