23

Don't watch me cry- Jorja Smith

~

Paris didn't see her for an extra week.

Of course, he knew why she was absent but he couldn't exactly go look for her. He had tried messages, and calls, but she never replied. That didn't surprise him either. She never liked to do so in the beginning.

Still, he had his reasons for fearing a face to face meeting. One being when Marcos had called him to pick him up at the Cathedral and Paris found him quiet, and red eyed. The male refused to say a word to him till they got to his house.

The reason, was clearly obvious, and somehow Paris had known she would do something like that to him. Though Marcos had... Hurt her, he supposed. Doing what he did, but he hadn't done anything.

He doubted she thought the same, another reason why he didn't attend her funeral. Paris wouldn't have taken it down easy, if she did like Marcos, and would have probably disrupted the whole thing, so for both their sakes, he stayed away.

Except he wasn't sure how long he could do that anymore.

Sometimes, not knowing the aftermath of something is clearly worse than knowing, because being tormented constantly by it, by what could happen, it was horrible.

Paris was an overthinker, though that had reduced recently because Alex did most of the thinking for him. Telling him what to do when he wasn't sure or couldn't pick.

And there were times when she was all she could think about. Now being one of those times.

For days, he would play with the signet ring she gave him, staring at the words inside it. He could barely remember that night, when they first met. He wished he did. More memories to satisfy the nightmares in his head with.

That was why, when he found himself in her house, the door was left open, he wondered how crazy he had become.

He was a self-centered male, and protecting himself was always his top priority. Paris had learned to have her in his life and he didn't like the thought of that changing but at the same time, he liked to think she wouldn't cut him off either. That she loved him enough not to but he wasn't delirious.

She loved Marcos, as well. Very much. If the male didn't survive the eviction, there was no way he would, but he needed to know if she was alright, except as he stared around the house, it was clear she wasn't.

Alex was a clean freak. He had seen her pat Marcos' hair to place, or brush off lint his shirt unconsciously.

Her house was a mess. Everything else was still the same way he remembered it, except it looked worse. Trash all over the floor, the chairs out of place. Dust in every corner.

It looked like a tornado of dirt swept into the house.

How had she even been surviving there?

The kitchen was worse. There was a horrible smell in the air and plates that seemed to have been there for longer than a week, with mould all over it and water pooled from the sink to the floor.

It didn't even seem like there was anything new in the place, that was safe to eat. Paris had heard Marcos say once that she rarely ate, but this... This was a whole different level.