28

Lil Nas X ft Miley Cyrus- Am I dreaming?

~

"Hey,"

Alex felt a hand reach out for hers. Lighter than hers, but not... White, and when she looked at who it was, the face... Was all blurry, scratchy. The person laughed now. "Always so serious, A. Try relaxing sometimes,"

Another one clamped itself on her shoulder, thicker, heavier causing her to look up. This person was... Fairer. Pale, in a sense. Their face was the same with the other person, their voice more mature than the one that spoke first. "Honestly, Parker, I already do enough frowning for both of us."

"Who are you?" She heard herself ask, looking back at the other person seated beside her. "And... And why can't I see your faces?"

They laughed at her now. "Maybe you don't deserve seeing our faces."

Alex started. "No, I don't mean—"

The one behind her bent to her ear, whispering, "Oh, Alex, always destroying everything she touches."

"What —"

Suddenly, they held her head, slamming it into a basin of water. Alex had no idea where that came from but she was too busy struggling from his grasp, her eyes and throat burning as she did so.

And when she felt her resolve weaken, the need to breathe becoming too much for her to bear, the faces of the people she couldn't see appeared in the water as a reflection and the moment she tried looking, she felt herself gasp in.

Alex's eyes opened first before she slowly sat up, her hand reaching out to rest on her racing heart, her mind blank.

What had she been dreaming of again?

For the first few minutes, she sat that way. Her head empty, thoughts sorting through all the channels of her head, and yet, nothing, but she wasn't disappointed.

It wouldn't be the first time this was happening.

Her eyes moved around her new room now. It was spacious, quite empty like no one had ever lived there. The colours of the wall were a bland colour, nothing to signify an actual teenager stayed there, though Alex felt nothing like a teenager.

In fact, she felt nothing at all.

Slowly, she crawled off her bed, placing her feet on the floor before standing, her eyes pausing at the table next to her vanity mirror, filled with papers.

In it were the handwritings of her twin siblings. Abraham and Elizabeth. Abraham, the older one by twenty minutes had always been the more outgoing one, his writing making it clear he never bothered to take his time doing so, and Elizabeth—

It looked like she had taken her darling time to do so, every stroke and curve perfect.

They delighted in sneaking her letters all the time, writing down things about their day, every single detail, never missing out anything. Not like Alex didn't see them all day, she did, but when that happened, Father was always hovering around them, as if he didn't want them saying certain things towards her.