College AU

This is a College Alternate Universe where Marcos and Paris are childhood friends and met Alex in Uni. With little spoilers about the future chapters.

~

"What are you still doing here?"

Alex paused, turning slightly as her best friend walked to her, hands on her hip. Alia Hopper was a gorgeous female with long dark hair and pale skin, red ruby lips and a body she never had to work to keep, or so she said, no one asked because they were too busy being mesmerized by her face.

Currently, she had on a black thin strap crop top, high waist white leather skirt and jacket, with sunshades perched atop her head, her face in a soft pout.

Yes, she dressed like this to school everyday, for no reason, even though she was a painter and a model on the sidelines, here in the institution.

"They gave an assignment," Alex stated, her eyes turning back to the empty music sheets in front of her. Her hair, as always, were in huge braids, her violin rested on her thighs with her head perched on top.

"I was there though," Alia moved in closer, she also joined the course too, for some inane reason. "But he gave us a week. I don't know why you're so bothered about it right now—"

"We're to make a song that he would like," Alex cut in, her annoyance evident. "Can you imagine that? What ever could that old dragon scaled, lizard tailed, slit eyed fox like?"

Fuck, she was barely hanging onto the male's class, even though she was still in the top five, her grades almost perfect, but she had a thing for not being anything less than perfect so there was that.

"Um, well, he's always been one for romance—"

Alex scoffed. "I call bull."

"So you can write a romantic song instead?" Alia asked, hopefully.

"Oh," Alex was nodding now. "You're right. One of two lovers separated by the challenges they suffer."

Alia blinked, completely surprised that she had agreed but decided to play along. "A-And what happens next?"

"They die of course, what else?"

"T-Thats not what I meant."

"You meant a good ending? How am I supposed to write that?" Alex asked, now turning around fully. "I have never been in a relationship. I have never been loved the way I deserved either and I clearly, don't know anything about happiness, so what else did you fucking mean?"

Alia stared, her body suddenly feeling cold before Alex let out a small hiss and turned back to the sheets. "Fuck, my head. I need my pills,"

In truth, she wasn't always like this. Alex had her good sides and Alia was a witness to that. Whenever she forgot to eat, Alex was always there to remind her, and whenever she felt too down, Alex was always ready to cheer up, even though it meant doing the things she didn't want.

It was just... Alex didn't seem to want any other friends, and though Alia knew it was because of her family, she knew she was also part to blame.

Some months ago, Alia had kissed Alex, she was drunk, that was it really, and Alex... Alex had let her, and then when Alia wasn't drunk, she still kissed the female who always responded.

Then a week ago, Alia suddenly announced she had a boyfriend when they were having their alone time and it seemed like she just... Snapped.

She did feel bad for using her like that, but she liked her, she just— She just wasn't ready to out herself yet. And Alex swore she understood, her walls had suddenly grown a thousand feet higher than Alia remembered them to be.