11

The day Maria Gomez had a child, she had been glad, but she hadn't expected it to be a boy, considering how the doctor did an ultrasound and told her it was a girl.

Nevertheless, Luciano, her husband, had been happy about it. He had lost a brother once so having a boy felt like he could make up for all the time that he didn't have with him.

Still, they had prepared for a girl so all the clothes and belongings were marked for one but Maria didn't mind.

So Mariposa Gomez became Marcos Gomez.

As a baby, he was lovely. Always so happy, and excited. Plus, he was the prettiest baby anyone ever laid their eyes on, but as time grew, it became more and more evident to the couple that their son... Wasn't exact what they thought he'd be.

Luciano tried to get him interested in the art of soccer, or football, or any sort of ball but the only thing Marcos seemed interested in that seemed boyish enough, were games.

Video games, which Luciano could never beat him at, no matter what.

Still, they loved him regardless of what he was, and as he grew, that was all he knew for a while, till he got into high school.

That, was a different case scenario. For someone who had only known love all of his life, the hate was new to him. Plus, it was the same time Luciano had gotten so deep into his gambling, leaving them in debt and died from a heart attack two months later.

There he was, a freak, with a Mother who he couldn't tell he was hurting because she was too busy trying to make sure he could go to school and pay the hanging debt over their heads.

Marcos wasn't even sure how he managed to alive after everything but the day he lost it, was some days after Julian's death and the bullying had gone worse.

Yes, the boy had made him miserable. Hurt him in ways he could never have the courage to tell anyone, but he hadn't expected him to go that far.

To... To do that to himself.

One second, he was being slammed and pushed around in the hall and the next, Marcos found himself in the hall that was closed down for heart purposes, crying his eyeballs out and having his panic attack.

But when he was so sure he would pass out from it, he could hear someone talking to me. A small voice, like an angel.

"Breathe for me, princess. I know you can do it."

Whether it was because of how she sounded, like she genuinely cared, or that no one had spoken to him so kindly before in a very long time, Marcos didn't know, but he did as she asked.

It took a while before he was calm, his surroundings now getting clearer. He was in a classroom, a classroom that he had never noticed before, and just a feet away from him was a dark skinned girl crouched to the floor, dressed in the biggest clothes he had ever seen with her full hair all over her body and face.

No one needed to tell him who she was.

Marcos knew Alexandra Parker but he didn't think anyone did justice with how beautiful she was. There was barely any light in the room but there was something about her.

Something that demanded his full attention, which was confusing, considering the fact she had no single emotion in his eyes.

She looked... Blank.

When he finally got to his senses, he realized she was the same girl that took the blame for what he did, and wanted to be far away as soon as possible. "O-Oh, I'm so sorry. I have to go. I h-have class —"