22

Isak Danielson- Remember to remember me.

~

Marcos stared down at his hands which were currently squeezing and digging into the black pants he was wearing tightly. His nails looked... Horrible, considering how many times he had bitten into it.

He sat in between Abuela, and Maria, seated in a church he hadn't been in... How many years? Seven? Eight? He hadn't expected he'd ever come back after Papa's death, or he never though he'd when he was still this young.

They were so many people here that he thought he was going to pass out from how choking it felt. He knew they couldn't possibly have known Adriana, could they? They were probably just friends, or acquaintances of Hezekiah, or Xander, maybe. He didn't know. He didn't even know about today. Abuela was the one who found out.

Marcos still found it hard to believe. Hard to actually think she was gone.

It had been a week after the party, and he could remember screaming at Andrea, who didn't seem like he could give two fucks about Marcos, throwing him out of the party and leaving him outside for hours before Xander found him and brought him back home.

He hadn't expected to see her there. He was supposed to just go there, be at Andrea's side and return to Alex's permanently.

That was how it was supposed to go.

Tears began to cloud up his eyes and he squeezed harder. Nothing ever went his way, he should have known this. Fate had given him something so... Perfect, and he had destroyed it just by being stupid as he always was.

He remembered crying, calling her, sending voicemails of apologies, begging her to let him explain. She never replied.

It was on the fifth day of her ignoring him that Paris called. Marcos hadn't been sure if he wanted to speak to him. What did he want to say? Laugh at him? Ask why he did what he did?

"Her Mother's dead," His voice was as cold as Marcos' hands, sending a shockwave through the male who felt himself hold unto a wall at the words. "Alex wasn't in school for long and I went over and—"

Marcos could hear Paris take in a breath. It was clear he was either repulsed, or completely shaken by it. By the thought. For something to affect him that badly... "She laid with her in the bed, Marcos. Her body was all bloated and there was so much blood from her mouth, and around Alex—"

Marcos felt his stomach churn and his headache seemed to triple. He took in a breath to steady himself, his hands shaking. "A-Alex. How's —?"

"Frozen. She refused to— let me even touch her. I had to call 911, Marcos. They had to use a tranquilizer on her to take Adriana away."

Adriana was dead.

Marcos didn't know her very well. Alex never spoke about her, or more or less, forbade her name being mentioned but he knew she loved her very much, considering how many times he had seen her get hurt by the woman and Alex always, always returned to take care of her.