17

Chloe Adams- She used to be mine.

~

Alex woke first.

The first thing she felt were the arms around her, keeping her pressed to a chest. Her head hurting until she remembered where she was.

What happened last night.

Sighing, she took his hands off her body carefully before sitting up and looking at him. Her eyes counting the freckles on his face and chuckling when she realized how stupid it was.

Alex let her hand move to his hair. It was soft, and not as wavy as Marcos', but it tickled her fingers. Made her... Relax.

Last night, after she brought him back home, she had wanted to leave. She still couldn't leave Adriana alone. It was one rule she wouldn't ever break, and even if she tried, Marcos wouldn't let her.

Yet, she knew Paris had no idea about her Mother and had promised him that she'd talk to his Father, so she did.

When she was sure he was asleep, she slipped out the room and walked to Sebastian's study. It had been late, but she knew he'd still be seated, waiting for her.

She had sent a maid to him before she met Paris anyway.

Sebastian Holmes sat in his chair, like he had been expecting her sooner or later, which was good, she didn't want to spend much time there anyway. "Parker,"

Alex stared at him for a while. She could feel the pride rolling off him in waves. It would have made other people uncomfortable but the similarity to Paris made her relax. "I suppose you know why I'm here."

"Well, I remember calling Wystwood High for more info on my son's studies, which is usually my business but was refused any information," He said, staring at her. It was obvious it displeased him to look at her. Talk to her even. "And sources point to you. Apparently, you have my son under your command and anything I want answered, has to be given only by you."

She was exhausted and didn't even try hiding it. "You sound disappointed,"

"Forgive me. Here I was thinking I was hiding it perfectly."

Alex stared at his table. Her eyes looking at the papers and files on it before spotting the gold tag with his name on it, and raising it up. "Ever heard the name Carneficina?"

Just like that, the power in the room had shifted. Whatever arrogance Sebastian had vanished, replaced with discomfort and disbelief. "How do you know that name?"

She didn't answer him, instead, she sat opposite him now, crossing her legs and saying with a blank expression. "So you do know it. I suppose you should. You're a lawyer so you must have come across the name once or twice. I hear it's a big deal to people like you, to work for them. Would you like to?"

Again, she had managed to surprise him. Sebastian never seemed to hide his reactions. "What?"

"I came with an offer." Alex continued, "You can work for them. Don't worry. You'd be safe, and please, don't say no. If you care about your son, and would like to still have chances to be a Father. Don't."

The Carnefecina. The Italian Mafia. The reason her school did as much as they could to avoid her existence. Someone, high up there, had Alex under their watch which meant being protected constantly, even though she hated it.