Chapter 8 : Eye to Eye

Lina stood frozen as Dante made his way down the steep hill, taking only seconds to get down as to her it felt like forever to get up it. Her head slowly turn to look down the hill to see that he was walking closer to a group of men that stood a few feet in front of a bonfire that lit up the bottom of the hill a good couple kilometers. Lina gradually slide down the hill and reached the bottom, her eyes focusing on Dante as he stood still with his hands in his black pants pockets and faced the men that surround him. Dante tilt his head back as a sadistic smile grew on his face as he watch the girl walk a few steps closer to him. He pull his hands out from his pockets, Knocking a silver keychain with a pocket watch on the end of it out of his pocket along with his right hand and dropped them to his sides.
"You know what kid...I will teach you the ways of living in this beautiful hell." Dante spoke as he suddenly grab a hold of one of the men he was standing closest to neck as he lift him off the ground. The man squirm as Dante walk closer to the bonfire. The flames caused the silver watch that dangle from his side to glisten, blinding Lina's eyes sight at a certain moments, although her eyes widen as her feet suddenly wouldn't move from there spot.
"No..don't do it!."
"Hahaha~you'll learn soon enough." Dante hum as he toss the male in the bon fire with one thrust of his arm. Loud painful screaming came from inside the large fire as Lina's feet suddenly start to move, however slowly as she tried to reach the bonfire. Her eyes tremble as she look around at the other men to see them doing nothing as there eyes were adverting away from both Dante, the fire and her. The man in the fire shortly crawl out, burnt to a crisp. His face and body unable to be recognizable. Dante stare down at the girl as tears brim the corner of her eyes as they shortly fell down her pale cheeks. The grin on Dantes face grew larger as he felt nostalgic looking down at her teary face. "That hurt."

Lina had already cover her eyes with her hands as she couldn't bare to look at the corpse only a few feet away from her. However, a croaking voice spoke as the rustling sound of dried grass cripple as if as someone was standing up. Lina slowly move her one hand from her eyes and nearly feel back on her butt as the burnt man was standing back up as the scorch marks were disappearing off his skin.
"See kid ~ we can't die here..no matter what!." Dante yell sadistically as he stood before the huge fire as it grew while he look down at Lina as she was still on the ground looking at the hurting man that was a bit wobble still behind Dante.

Mellissa stood on the side lines an watch as Dante was moving in closer to Lina. Knowing what that man was capable of, she moved from her spot and made her way in between the two.
"You went to far Dante! She just arrive her..she doesn't now the truths about this place yet!." Mellissa cry out as she grit her teeth as she glare at the man that stood a couple inches taller that her. Dante gaze down at he woman as his facial expression went emotionless except his eyes as he didn't blink "And Like I'm suppose to care?!." Dante responded in a ton less voice as his arms drop back to his sides as he watch with and annoy expression creeping on to his face as Mellisa was helping Lina to her feet, tears staining her pale cheeks as her eyes avoid Dantes intense gaze as a devise smile slowly made its way on his lips as he watch as Mellissa pick the girl up into her arms and carry her like a little baby off away from the bonfire.
"That was a little harsh for a kid her age to witness..don't you think Dante ~." Dante stood still as lift his left hand up and slicked back his hair as he tilt his head over his shoulder.
"That was obvious sarcasm coming from a man with your reputation August~."
"You've seen what we've all seen..she would have to seen the worlds truth to be here." A old cripple voice spoke as a man with Snow White hair creep out from the shadowy forest as he took a seat on a log as his light blue eyes gaze at Dante as he still had an irritate look lingering on his face.
"Hahaha~ even harsh when it comes to children~." Dante snorted as he didn't take his eyes off the old man.
"A killer is a killer..age is only a number."
"Damn he's more crazier than I thought he was..I'm sorry you had to see that Lina..I should have step in sooner.." Melissa mutter to herself as she walk through the dense forest. She glance at the girl in her arms once in a while to notice that her crying wasn't as bad as a couple minutes ago.
"How..is that possible." Lina croak out as she wipe the tears from her eyes as she look up at Melissa as she stop and slowly crouch down to the ground.
"As I said before..we can't die here..we can't age..we don't need food or water...it's..not a paradise.."
"I can't give up though.." Lina spoke quietly as her eyes were furrowed at the ground beneath her.
"Don't tell me your going to go back there..didn't he tell you he has n-"
"He was lying..he has to be..I know it's him." Lina voice grew more louder as she suddenly stood up look down at Melissa as she was sitting on the ground with her legs spread out.
"..how are you so sure-."
"I know Dante murder my parents..I remember..I remember that silver watch..he had it in his pocket."