Chapter 15 : Voices In The Shadows

A pair of dark chocolate brown eyes stare up at the cloudless sky as his hand rest over top his forehead while his other hand cover in tattoos and fingers decorate with rings rest on top of his stomach. "I should have never left you two alone...I should have been there to protect you..instead..I was getting potato chips at the store.." A small chuckle left his part lips as a small smile slip on his face. "Do you always talk to yourself?."

His lips shortly frown after hearing that voice that he's learn to know so well in so little time. His hand sliding down over his eyes as he sigh quietly to himself as he could faintly hear the grass crunching under the girls feet indicating that she was walking closer to him. He slide his hand away from his face to see the young blonde girl peering down at him. He slowly move his hand back up to cover his eyes as he quietly spoke. "And here you are yet again."
"I've been meaning to ask you something...after thinking about it...why did you want to come here.." Dante's hand feel completely from his face as ha dumbfound expression consume it as his eyes slightly widen as he cock his head to the side as he look up at the girl who's face was as dull as ever. "You- you seriously are something."

Lina cross her arms over her chest ass he watch as Dante lean up and rub his face with both of his hands before dropping them in between his legs. "You want the truth...I had nothing else to live for." Dante spoke as he cock his head back and look up at the sky. As Dante's eyes were focus at the sky. He wait for her to speak. But all he got in response was silences. His eyes slowly trail over down at the girl as she hung her head low. "I..I kill someone...just to find answers...was that selfish of me?." A loud snort escape from Dante as he lift his hand up as he try to control himself as he swung his entire body around to look dead straight at the girl. "You asking me of all people?."

Lina stay queit as her arms hung low at her side. Dante slick back his head as he slowly cock his head back yet again to face the sky. "Everybody down here had a reason for doing what they did..even if they didn't want to end up here..it's..only normal for humans to have a heart." Lina's head slowly rose up as her lips part as if she was about to say something. But didn't as her eyes were firmly watching Dante's movements. A tiny smile crossed his lips for only a moment as he began to speak.
"I still faintly here my sisters voice..and my mothers..I feel like if my sister did grow up..she'll been similar to you...annoying and straight forward."

Lina's eyes slightly widen as she quickly look away from the male as he turn his head back to face her. She shortly drop her head down as her eyes stare down at the brownish green grass bellow her. "I..I fell like I should apologize to-."
"Don't even bother...weren't you even listing to me before...everyone here has there own reasons to do what they did..." Dante bluntly spoke as he got back into his laying position as he place his arms under his head looking back up at the sky.
"You..had a sister?." Lina quietly ask without lifting her head up.
"Yah..."
"I..didn't know."

Dante close his eyes as a few memories flood back to his mind as his lips were part as if a bout to say something as he could sense that Lina hasn't left yet. "Your stuck here forever you know." Lina stay silent as her head didn't budge. Time past as they both stay in silents. Lina shortly but slowly raise her head up but kept her eyes advert from Dante. She slowly turn her body so her back face Dante which caught his attention as he look at her from out of the corner of his eye. "I lost everything..." She mutter under her breath as she slowly walk down the hill.
"Your not the only one."