Pool (Chapter 5)

I woke up put on a white button up crop top and light blue shorts with my black low top converse. Then I put my hair in a high ponytail and brushed my teeth. While I was putting on my earing's I heard a knock on my bedroom door. "Come In," I said. "Heyyyy," Benny said. "Hi benny," I said. " You have a record player in your room," Benny said as he saw it in my desk I had in my room. "Yea, you could play something if you want," I said. " Nice," Benny said looking through the disc's i had. "Found one," Benny said as "Stupid Cupid" By Connie Francis started playing then all of a sudden benny started singing the lyrics. "Stupid cupid you're a real mean guy," Benny sang as he was shouting the lyrics then we both started shouting the lyrics. "IM IN LOVE AND ITS A CRYIN SHAME!!' I sang. " AND I KNOW THAT YOUR THE ONE TO BLAME," benny sang as he pointed at you. "HEY, HEY SET ME FREE STUPID CUPID STOP HITTING ON ME," we both sang. After singing and dancing around my room we decided to head to the sandlot although it was burning outside. The rest of the way we kept singing part of the lyrics and laughing until we got to the sandlot. "Where were you guys," Squints asked. "Yeah, where were you guys," Ham said. "It doesn't matter were here now," I said. "Benny it's so hot can we go somewhere else," Yeah-yeah complained. "Well, where else would we go," Benny said looking at the guys. "THE POOL," The guy's shouted.

(Time Skip)

We got to the pool all of the guy's jumped in the pool right away. I was hesitant at first because I didn't have a bathing suit, so I just decided to unbutton my shirt which left me in my shorts and my light blue bra. When I turned around to get in the pool, I saw all the guy's look at me, and benny was blushing which made me blush for a while but then I snapped out of it. "Ummm hello is there something on me or what." I said as all the boys look away as I heard a bunch of. " NO," or "SORRY,'' I even heard one of them say "LOOKED THE WRONG WAY,". I got in the pool an went towards the guys who were wrestling. One of the guys pushed me on accident and that made me almost slip but benny grabbed me by my waist. "Thanks benny," I said. " No problem," Benny said as he looked at me up and down. "Look at her," Squints said as he looked at the lifeguard. "I know," benny said as he took his hands of my waist. Then all the guy's turned to look at her and they were talking about how pretty she is and then the lifeguard named Wendy turned to look at them and waving at each one of them, then she looked at me but when she did her looked changed it was like a wtf are you doing here look. But that look reminded me of Jeannete, Jeannete would always give me that look when she was flirting with a guy it was her way of telling me you can leave now. So, I did I got out of the pool dried myself and started putting my shirt on. "Mia where are you going?" Benny asked concerned. "I think I should go home my mom is probably waiting for me," I said. "Want me to walk you home," Benny asked. "No, you should stay here with the guys I'll see you guys' tomorrow bye," I said as I left. When I was on my way home, I couldn't help but to think about Jeannette how insecure she made me, how awful I was compared to her and about everything she did to me. Next thing I knew I started to cry, I Got home and went straight up to my room and cried even more. I can't believe it I promised myself no one will make me insecure again and that I was going to be really confident but no. I guess Jeannete Is still tormenting me from miles away.