Bye (Chapter 20)

This past well has gone by so fast I started my job as a lifeguard on Monday it hasn't been that hard I haven't played baseball that much this whole week. Yeah-yeah , ham, squints and smalls have accompanied me to my work either they just wait outside for me or they convince me to sneak squints in when Wendy is not around. I've seen Benny around to just walking past the pool he's always with Jeannette but sometimes he's alone and when he is he just stops to look at me and the guys but we haven't said a word to each other since. Other than work I play baseball with the guys  I know you may be wondering where since we don't go to the sandlot anymore. We pretty much play at the park or in ham's back yard. We don't really play we just throw each other the ball to pass since there's not much space but I'm the mean time we talk we get to know each other better.
I miss the normal routine waking up and heading straight to the sandlot but stuff change and happen for a reason right? But I wonder if all this was supposed to happen I wish I could go back to how everything used to be. Jeannette is clueless about why I don't go ti the sandlot anymore I told her I got a job and didn't know why the other guys left I wonder if she knew about all of this if she did this intentionally or not she has 1 week left of being here and I'm going back to school in 1 month I know what a perfect way to end the summer.
I then snapped out of my thoughts as I started walking home when I got there Jeannette was packing her stuff I thought she had one more week left of being here.

"Hey, aren't you going to stay for 1 more week?" I asked.

"I was but I have to leave sooner your mom is taking me to the airport right now," Jeannette said closing her suit case.

"What did Benny say about this," I said.

"He umm doesn't know I'm just going to leave I mean I wasn't going to stay forever he saw it coming I left him a not in his room he will find it sooner or later," Jeannette said.

"Isn't that kind of rude," I said.

"Oh well I have to go back to my parents and plus I have a life over there," she said.

"Did you really even like Benny Jeannette?" I asked out go curiosity.

"He's cute and all but he's not my type of guy, he's yours ," Jeannette said looking at me.

"What do you mean," I said

"He was always yours he wants you not me I was just jealous that you have a whole other life  , a happy family, friends who you could be who ever you want without being judged and being something more other than just looks, I was jealous of you Mia," she said.

"So that's what it's been all this time I thought you hated me or had something against me," I said.

"I would never, I hope you can forgive for everything I have done to you and sorry for ruining everything, you have always been a good friend Mia," she said getting tears in her eyes.

"What you did has hurt me Jeannette but at the end of the day you have always been there for me and helped me become more confident some way or another I can't believe I'm saying this but I will miss you," I said as I hugged her.

"So will I," Jeannette said hugging me back. We then pulled apart. " bye mía,"Jeannette said.

"Bye Jeannette ," I said as she left my home. This whole time we wanted the life of each other totally ignoring all the good stuff we had of our own life I wonder if Benny knows she left what would his reaction be? Would he talk to me again or would it all stay how it is?